O's talking to Chris Carter

jabba72

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

According to MLBTR.  Should they use Carter in RF? I wouldnt bother signing Carter as a DH, since they already have Kim and Mancini. 

If they sign Carter, that will tell you all you need to know about how they feel about Mancini. Carter is not going to RF.

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This is not the type of player the Orioles need, Carter is a DH only.  Kim/Mancini/Alvarez would give you better production out of the DH spot.  Carter in the outfield would be a disaster. 

Then you have 3 guys between DH to do it. Carter could be the full time DH, then Kim could platoon with whoever in the OF. He could spell Davis at 1st some.

11 minutes ago, Moondoggie said:

Didn't Duquette respond to a question about Carter yesterday by saying he'd rather add some outfielders? I certainly hope so. Another home run or strike out trying guy is not what the team needs.

If it's between signing Trumbo to a 4 or 5 year deal or sign Carter to a 1 or 2 year deal I'll take Carter. Then sign Fowler.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

If it's between signing Trumbo to a 4 or 5 year deal or sign Carter to a 1 or 2 year deal I'll take Carter. Then sign Fowler.

I hope they don't feel the need to sign either. They need a bit more speed and athleticism. Fowler would be great, but I don't see that happening either. I'd rather sign Ben Revere to lead off and play left field, move Kim to DH and find a good right fielder somewhere.

I don't understand how we could even think about adding Carter. Every year we talk about needing to cut down on strikeouts and every year we add more guys that strikeout. I love the homerun as much as anybody but the fact that I was excited to watch Michael Bourn in the lineup at the end of last year says everything that needs to be said for our need for a contact guy. 

1 minute ago, mskrulz said:

I don't understand how we could even think about adding Carter. Every year we talk about needing to cut down on strikeouts and every year we add more guys that strikeout. I love the homerun as much as anybody but the fact that I was excited to watch Michael Bourn in the lineup at the end of last year says everything that needs to be said for our need for a contact guy. 

I wouldn't count Bourn out of the running either.

He is fast and bats left. :)

6 minutes ago, mskrulz said:

You would be excited to watch a 34 year old with 3 straight replacement level seasons in the lineup?

I certainly wouldn't.

As a one for one replacement for Alvarez and using him as a DH only option on a one or two-year contract, I don't hate this move.  I'd still like to see Ian Desmond in right field.  Good bat and most likely average or better defense.  Expensive, but not crazy money.  Would have to give up the draft pick, but you're not going to get anything comparable for Brad Brach and some minor league suspects.  Then sign Hundley to a two-year deal and make the obligatory Rule 5 pick or two and call it a winter meeting.

Archived