O's talking to Chris Carter

jabba72

6 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I would sign Carter to DH (a few starts at 1B) and the try and get Cargo or Garder for RF. Get a stopgap C like Castillo or Salty. Sign someone like Jennings to platoon in RF and LF and you're set with your offense.

Salty is abysmal. May as well just go with Pena and Joesph. I love Gardner though. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Moondoggie said:

It would take Gausman or Bundy to get Carlos Gonzalez. That was explored last year and they wanted Gausman. I doubt the Rockies want to trade him now anyway because they feel good about where they are and think they can win.

They just signed Desmond and have a good team, they aren't trading Cargo. That's silliness.

1 minute ago, mskrulz said:

Salty is abysmal. May as well just go with Pena and Joesph. I love Gardner though. 

Does Gardner have the arm for RF though?

I would see if the Yankees would bite on a Brach plus Wright/Wilson offer. Gardner is signed reasonably through 2019 (2M buyout). 

I'm meh on Salty, just throwing his name out there as a possibility. Much prefer Castillo.

12 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Not sure Moneyball really works.

Our version does.  Home runs and a great bullpen.  

K's and defense doesn't matter that much.  Especially with shifting and scouting reports.  We play O's moneyball every year April-September.  Then rosters expand and we can focus on defense more.  Like the playoff game.  

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Our version does.  Home runs and a great bullpen.  

K's and defense doesn't matter that much.  Especially with shifting and scouting reports.  We play O's moneyball every year April-September.  Then rosters expand and we can focus on defense more.  Like the playoff game.  

I like that, HR and a great bullpen!

11 minutes ago, Number5 said:

It does, if you correctly identify the undervalued assets in the marketplace.  If you just think it is to get high OBP hitters, which now cost a pretty penny, you are just trying to keep up with the Jones's.

It does work? Okay, I guess 1989 WS, is after 1983 and the Orioles last WS.

1 hour ago, Stevie Janowski said:

I would rather us go without a DH and send the pitcher to the plate every game than sign Chris Carter.  Maybe sign someone who actually matters or contributes in more than one way.  But then again, Duquette is making it very apparent that his IQ is that of a centipede, so this makes sense.

If his IQ is that of a centipede, than yours must take a microscope to find.

2 minutes ago, dan-O said:

“I don’t know if he’s an option for us this year,”  doesn't mean there is no way it can happen, does it?  Yes, I agree, Fowler to the Orioles doesn't appear to be in the cards, but I think that it would be wrong to say that DD has completely and totally eliminated the possibility.  JMO.

Archived