Orioles Bring Back Ondrusek

Number5

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy was signed from a different continent to step into our MLB pen and get lefties out. Just shows how desperate we were before Hart showed up. 

Can't be mad at a depth signing. Ondrusek should get plenty of innings at AAA and will be on the list to be rotated up here. 

Does he have any options left?

This is another situation where once you are Duquette's guy, you are a Duquette guy. I don't get this is the least bit. I didn't see anything that said this guy can get anyone out consistently. I guess we have an extra roster spot so it doesn't really matter, but just a strange move.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is another situation where once you are Duquette's guy, you are a Duquette guy. I don't get this is the least bit. I didn't see anything that said this guy can get anyone out consistently. I guess we have an extra roster spot so it doesn't really matter, but just a strange move.

Seems like a waste of 625,000

19 minutes ago, fansince71 said:

This signing wraps up the division.

Finding value for cheap actually is the type of thing that can win us the division, given our payroll constraints. Whether Ondrusek is value or not remains to be seen. But if you sign a bunch of these types and one of them hits and becomes valuable, that's how you compete against teams that spend more. 

Archived