Not sure if people are piggy backing, but the first three picks look done

1. Tim Beckham

2. Pedro Alvarez

3. Buster Posey

I'm not sure if the local beat guys are talking with the same guys BA talked to, but that is what seems to be coming together. The only wrinkle I see is if the Rays take Posey . . . I would think that means the Royals select Smoak at that point.

Makes me wonder if BA is right with Matusz. Looks like slotting isn't affecting anyone this year.

1. Tim Beckham

2. Pedro Alvarez

3. Buster Posey

I'm not sure if the local beat guys are talking with the same guys BA talked to, but that is what seems to be coming together. The only wrinkle I see is if the Rays take Posey . . . I would think that means the Royals select Smoak at that point.

Makes me wonder if BA is right with Matusz. Looks like slotting isn't affecting anyone this year.

Where are you hearing this from? I still think there is a very good chance (IMO better than 50%) the D-Rays take Posey.

I agree with the Pirates taking Alvarez, but if the D-Rays take Posey I think the Royals will pass on Beckham and select Crow or Matusz. (I don't see the Royals selecting Smoak) Leaving the Orioles with a chance of getting T. Beckham.

Where are you hearing this from? I still think there is a very good chance (IMO better than 50%) the D-Rays take Posey.

I agree with the Pirates taking Alvarez, but if the D-Rays take Posey I think the Royals will pass on Beckham and select Crow or Matusz. (I don't see the Royals selecting Smoak) Leaving the Orioles with a chance of getting T. Beckham.

Oh, just from the local papers from Tampa, KC, and Pittsburgh. I'm not sure if they know what is going on more than the scouting services.

Oh, just from the local papers from Tampa, KC, and Pittsburgh. I'm not sure if they know what is going on more than the scouting services.

I guess we should contact Roch and find out who the Orioles are selecting with the #4 pick.

Sounds a bit like the mock draft we held here awhile back. :laughlol: This time it's being held by the local media.

Archived