O's Offer Girardi Job

Birds08

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems odd that you would want the O's best option to turn them down.

I just don't think he is the best option.

I like Davey Johnson more...And i really think i prefer Trembley to finish out the year, see how he does and go from there.

I am not opposed to Girardi at all but i would prefer another direction. Some things i have heard about Girardi really make me question him.

I think Girardi takes the job. If he fails here most people in the game probably won't blame him for it, if he succeeds in turning this organization around he's going to be the hottest property in baseball. Almost a no lose situation for him.

I have to say I am with you on this one. Girradi may be the next Davey Johnson, but why wait when we could have the original.

This team isn't close enough to being a winner where Davey would make much of a difference. Hiring Davey Johnson makes taking the necessary step of rebuilding much more difficult. Now if the front office and Angelos and MacPhail are dead set against rebuilding then sure, Davey would be a better choice. Only with what we have to work with the ceiling even w/DJ would be lower than making the playoffs.

I like Davey Johnson more...And i really think i prefer Trembley to finish out the year, see how he does and go from there.

I am not opposed to Girardi at all but i would prefer another direction. Some things i have heard about Girardi really make me question him.

What exactly have you heard?

Such as?

I'm curious what you've heard b/c I haven't really heard anything.

As I just said in the previous post, if the FO is deadset against rebuilding then I'd prefer DJ as well.

Sticking with Trembley throughout the year doesn't accomplish anything IMO. Whomever is the next mgr - get him in here, let him evaluate the players and more importantly the coaches and give him control to make changes to the staff in the off season and input into what players are keepers.

What exactly have you heard?

Apparently he made alot of poor decisions as a manager...A few examples i heard:

1) Last year in ST, the FO wanted Willingham to be the LFer...Girardi disagreed and played Willingham at C all year long...On OD, Willingham was in LF, with no experience.

2) Last Sept, after an 82 minute rain delay, Josh Johnson came back out..Hurt his arm...Just pitched last night for the first time since that happened.

Heard a writer in the Miami area talking about how the FO was always questioning his decisions.

Plus, he had an awful relationship with them and would basically ignore them. If that happens again here, it will just be another firing in a year or so.

Apparently he made alot of poor decisions as a manager...A few examples i heard:

1) Last year in ST, the FO wanted Willingham to be the LFer...Girardi disagreed and played Willingham at C all year long...On OD, Willingham was in LF, with no experience.

2) Last Sept, after an 82 minute rain delay, Josh Johnson came back out..Hurt his arm...Just pitched last night for the first time since that happened.

Heard a writer in the Miami area talking about how the FO was always questioning his decisions.

Plus, he had an awful relationship with them and would basically ignore them. If that happens again here, it will just be another firing in a year or so.

Hey you listen to Anita Marks too? I thought I was the only one

Also not to nitpick, but Josh Johnson has had 3 rehab starts in the minors since June 1

This team isn't close enough to being a winner where Davey would make much of a difference. Hiring Davey Johnson makes taking the necessary step of rebuilding much more difficult. Now if the front office and Angelos and MacPhail are dead set against rebuilding then sure, Davey would be a better choice. Only with what we have to work with the ceiling even w/DJ would be lower than making the playoffs.

Well, this is a big key.

No matter who the manager is, they must rebuild. So, that has to come into play here.

Hey you listen to Anita Marks too? I thought I was the only one

I usually put myself through it everyday, too... just because there's nothing else to listen to. Sometimes it's physically painful, but she does manage to lure some pretty good guests sometimes.

Then she asks them if they like sushi and what they thought of the dancing with the stars finale.

Are you talking about how he ran Josh Johnson out there for the 8th inning in a game after a long rain delay and he wasn't the same since? That was pretty alarming I admit but I think he's learned his lesson from that...

Edit: Apparently you are...

Archived