Realistic Trade Targets for the Orioles. Make Your Suggestions And/Or Weigh in

wildbillhiccup

3 hours ago, weams said:

I would not give up Brach for something like him.  I think Joey has a better future. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5970/jake-marisnick

Okay, then.  Let me ask you this, how do you propose we come up with a RH, rangy, young outfielder? A remaining FA, who can barely still walk, our farm system?  Or do you think our current OFers are just fine and we don't have to make a move of any kind?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Wednesday, February 01, 2017 at 8:55 PM, MDtransplant757 said:

I see a lot of similarities between the two. Highish OBP, low BA, but they have so much speed if you put blue paint on them you would mistake them for being Sonic the Hedgehog

Are you talking about Billy Hamilton? He has a career .297 OBP. 

20 minutes ago, ELMERO said:

Okay, then.  Let me ask you this, how do you propose we come up with a RH, rangy, young outfielder? A remaining FA, who can barely still walk, our farm system?  Or do you think our current OFers are just fine and we don't have to make a move of any kind?

You do know that IF we add a player a player gets removed from the Forty??

You should also be fully aware that NO Oriole team that started the season had the same Twenty-Five on its active roster by August 31st.

Starting ST with what we have is not the end of the season by any stretch of anyone's imagination.  Players will be returned (Rule 5), added , disabled, claimed, optioned and DFA'd.  The roster will and is in a constant state of flux.

3 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

You do know that IF we add a player a player gets removed from the Forty??

You should also be fully aware that NO Oriole team that started the season had the same Twenty-Five on its active roster by August 31st.

Starting ST with what we have is not the end of the season by any stretch of anyone's imagination.  Players will be returned (Rule 5), added , disabled, claimed, optioned and DFA'd.  The roster will and is in a constant state of flux.

I'm sure you mean well, in thinking you must explain all this to me.  I must come off as a complete idiot or that I am all of 4 years old.  But, hey, that's okay.

1 minute ago, ELMERO said:

I'm sure you mean well, in thinking you must explain all this to me.  I must come off as a complete idiot or that I am all of 4 years old.  But, hey, that's okay.

Sorry, I probably should have just said "stay with what we have" but by explaining the roster the way I did  it can be seen that I do not think it will stay that way for a 162 game schedule.

2 minutes ago, ELMERO said:

I think Bourn or Pagan on a very cheap or minor league deal, would be appropriate at this juncture.  Adam appears to be lobbying for Brett Gardner. 

12 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Sorry, I probably should have just said "stay with what we have" but by explaining the roster the way I did  it can be seen that I do not think it will stay that way for a 162 game schedule.

I think any addition to the MLB roster sends Mancini down or gets him traded. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

I think any addition to the MLB roster send Mancini down or gets him traded. 

Is that an addition by subtraction??  Cost controlled player at a MLB MIN. that has little trade value for some player that has no options, will cost more and will be only a year fill in.  I will take Mancini through ST and see were the chips fall when the 25 man roster needs to be set and is done.

20 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Is that an addition by subtraction??  Cost controlled player at a MLB MIN. that has little trade value for some player that has no options, will cost more and will be only a year fill in.  I will take Mancini through ST and see were the chips fall when the 25 man roster needs to be set and is done.

Carrying a 1b/DH as a bench player makes no sense for this team. It's best to let Mancini play FT in the minors incase a player like Davis or Trumbo goes down. If they keep Mancini. I still wouldn't be shocked to see Trumbo in RF and Alvarez or Carter signed. The organization just doesn't seem as high on Mancini as some fans are.

12 minutes ago, ELMERO said:

I'd love Brett Gardner on this team, but, uh, what would you do with Seth Smith and Kim, or Aneury Tavares, for that matter?  

Gardner would be in LF. Smith or Kim plays in RF and I'm not letting a rule V guy stand in the way. Just ship him back.

Archived