Orioles smarter than Yanks

pastorfan

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait.  Aren't the Yankees signing the guy off the scrap heap that no other team wanted?  Isn't that what the Orioles are doing when they make a similar signing?  But because another team does it, it's brilliant?  Is that how it works? 

Carter can't play RF, so his only role for the Orioles would have been DH, with no real option on the team to play RF vs. LHP.  Heck, we already have Mancini, so I'm not sure what value, if any, Carter would have brought - regardless of how cheap you may have gotten him for.  Looks like he will man the short side of a platoon in New York and block Austin.  I'm not worried about it.  We got the better player at a reasonable price, IMO.  But I guess it's more fun to complain.

41 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I see as a significant side benefit for the Yankees the ability to cut Carter loose, if he doesn't hit or they get tired of his strikeouts, and if they think they have a better option in one of their young guys.

Yep.   If Greg Bird is healthy and raking, they can just let Carter go.

If Trey Mancini is pounding hte ball in Norfolk, he's waiting for an injury.

1 minute ago, grimed1 said:

They don't think Austin has the power.

I sure HOPE he doesn't have power.   I never want to hear John Sterling yell "Austin POWERS one out of the ballpark!   Shag-a-delic!".   I would puncture my ear drums.

Archived