Some in organization want to convert Daniel Alvarez to a pitcher

Dark Helmet

6 minutes ago, Norfolk orioles said:

I understand it isn't likely to happen but guys have managed to do stranger things. Look at Rick ankiel, who would have seen that coming?

Chris Davis came in and threw what, 2 shutout innings in Fenway? Obviously he was never going to have long term success but I'm just saying that everyday players could still have the ability to pitch.

Alvarez definitely has the arm strength, that much we do know.

I can see Alavarez' point. He's 28 and if it takes him 2 years to become a real ML pitcher then he's 30. And he's "over the hill." :noidea:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, scOtt said:

I can see Alavarez' point. He's 28 and if it takes him 2 years to become a real ML pitcher then he's 30. And he's "over the hill." :noidea:

Wasn't quite the same situation (because suspensions and jail time slowed him down) but Matt Bush didn't really make his bones until last year, when he was 30. And now he's a very respected relief pitcher.

4 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

Wasn't quite the same situation (because suspensions and jail time slowed him down) but Matt Bush didn't really make his bones until last year, when he was 30. And now he's a very respected relief pitcher.

Wow, I honestly didn't know that Bush ended up making it to the big leagues. His story is quite remarkable. Sounds like he turned his once train wreck of a life into something good. http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/matt-bush-mlb-comeback-player-of-the-year-rays-rangers-padres-prison-drug-abuse/rczwhic407gp1d5g5g3is2mif

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wow, I honestly didn't know that Bush ended up making it to the big leagues. His story is quite remarkable. Sounds like he turned his once train wreck of a life into something good. http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/matt-bush-mlb-comeback-player-of-the-year-rays-rangers-padres-prison-drug-abuse/rczwhic407gp1d5g5g3is2mif

Yeah, with luck the guy can keep away from the bottle and stick around. The Rangers do have a knack for handling guys like him.

I didn't know about the Golden Corral "tryout." That's wild.

Archived