• Last Reply
5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(July 26th)

Strasburg Returns to DL after Throwing One Start

(By Jamal Collier)

https://www.mlb.com/news/stephen-strasburg-to-disabled-list/c-287433276

o

It’s kind’ve interesting — the Nats are basically in a similar position to where the O’s were in 2015 and 2017.     You could make an argument that they should be trading Harper right about now.  

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s kind’ve interesting — the Nats are basically in a similar position to where the O’s were in 2015 and 2017.     You could make an argument that they should be trading Harper right about now.  

Yeah, Strasburg's out indefinitely.  He has to see a neurologist.  Nats totally punted a winnable division.  The Mets and Phillies have been their Kryptonite, 4-6 vs each.  Take away their 11-1 start, the Mets are 31-56, which few teams not named the Orioles can match.   Time for the Nats to blow it up.  Supposedly, the Lerners want it done, but Rizzo is resistant.  He won't trade Harper figuring it'll be harder to bring him back.  Like I've said before, I see ARod-Texas redux with Scott Boras having the Nats bid against themselves to avoid the embarrassment of losing Harper for a comp pick.

16 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(July 26th)

Strasburg Returns to DL after Throwing One Start

(By Jamal Collier)

https://www.mlb.com/news/stephen-strasburg-to-disabled-list/c-287433276

o

o

This article was written almost 2 years ago, in August of 2016.

(August 22nd, 2016)

Stephen Strasburg's Ever-Growing List of DL Stints

(By Chelsea Janes)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationals-journal/wp/2016/08/22/stephen-strasburg-ever-growing-list-of-dl-stints/?utm_term=.b76fa5600a00

o

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Well, yeah. And virtually no drop in production!

How crazy would it be to see AJ in pinstripes?  He just might not waive his 10-5 rights to go to the Yankees.  I think they replace Judge from within anyway.

17 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Yeah, Strasburg's out indefinitely.  He has to see a neurologist.  Nats totally punted a winnable division.  The Mets and Phillies have been their Kryptonite, 4-6 vs each.  Take away their 11-1 start, the Mets are 31-56, which few teams not named the Orioles can match.   Time for the Nats to blow it up.  Supposedly, the Lerners want it done, but Rizzo is resistant.  He won't trade Harper figuring it'll be harder to bring him back.  Like I've said before, I see ARod-Texas redux with Scott Boras having the Nats bid against themselves to avoid the embarrassment of losing Harper for a comp pick.

You know what, this is a really good point that I hadn't even considered.  The Orioles got Machado traded.  It took an obvious situation to do so, so we can't give them much credit.... but the Nationals, if Harper bolts for another team, are going to be the one left at the altar holding a draft pick just in time for their decline.

18 hours ago, O's are Legends said:

1 hour ago, OrioleDog said:

Translation: Clubhouse, don't screw up this Marlins series. Thanks, the Front Office.

o

Mildly reminiscent of Lou Brown and Jake Taylor trying to motivate the Indians when they were 61-61 after 122 games (the Nationals are currently 51-51 after 102 games.)

The difference is that in your scenario, the front office is trying to motivate the team from mediocrity to contender status (in the movie, the team owner was trying to do everything in her power to see to it that they would lose as many games as possible.)

o

Archived