Trumbo needs to sit a day or two

ChuckS

Mancini and and Kim or Mancini and Smith at the corner outfield spots, let Trumbo DH against lefties only until he finds his stroke again.

He isn't even close on nearly every pitch he swings at. If it was bad luck that would be one thing but he's not even in the same zip code right now.

Give him some serious time off.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's supposed to be in the 80's Thursday through Saturday. I suspect we'll see if he balls start flying. At this point if Trumbo just homers twice over three games, his numbers will be about where they should be. He could be taking more pitches and using RF like he was at the beginning of last season  

7 minutes ago, 1968_bills_fan said:

Trumbo batting 0.203 1 HR.     Mancini  batting 0.256 5 HR

Last night I froze and was soaked.  Trumbo had 2 K's and left two men on base.

'nough said.

Maybe Buck lost his stat book. Lol

11 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I've said this before, there might be a good reason why Buck has never won it all.

Well then what's the reason for him winning the most regular season games since 2012?  With a team that's been predicted to win no more than 85 games a year in any of those years.  

21 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I've said this before, there might be a good reason why Buck has never won it all.

Buck is a better manager than probably 2/3 of the managers who have won a World Series during his managing career.    Earl Weaver won it all one time.    Was he a better manager that year than in the years he lost?  

18 hours ago, ChuckS said:

I'm not advocating benching him indefinitely but I don't see how giving the guy less playing time (or even just a single day off?) while he gets his swing/confidence back is a bad thing.  I wish Buck had done this with Davis at times in the past when he has gone weeks/months at a time as a big black hole in the lineup. 

What's the standard for this not be a reactionary thread anyway?  1/8 of the season isn't good enough for you obviously.  Is it 1/6?  1/4?  More?

How does sitting on the bench "get his swing/confidence" back?

As for the standard... the Orioles usually wait until around Memorial Day to make drastic changes and "give up" on someone they decided initially was the best person for a particular job.   Ask Garrett Atkins.   The message board usually starts howling to "get rid of him" or "bench him" around 2-3 weeks in, but the Orioles tend for the most part not to make significant non-injury-related changes until late May.   There are exceptions, but they are usually pitchers (Britton taking over the closer job from Hunter in mid to late April, for example).

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Well then what's the reason for him winning the most regular season games since 2012?  With a team that's been predicted to win no more than 85 games a year in any of those years.  

The Orioles have been grossly underrated over those years.

18 hours ago, TradeAngelos said:

Trumbo had a 17 game stretch last year where he had 2 HR and .411 OPS.  20 SO's

It happens. 

It's just extra sucky because it's the start of the season and we just signed him to a contract where we're paying him a lot of money. The light's shining on it a bit more.

4 minutes ago, JourneyFan said:

It's just extra sucky because it's the start of the season and we just signed him to a contract where we're paying him a lot of money. The light's shining on it a bit more.

That and the fact that, in his career, April is his second most successful month.

Archived