Trumbo needs to sit a day or two

ChuckS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, ChuckS said:

In the middle of the order.  Can only roll with that for so long.  

At least Buck moved him down one spot to the five hole, I'll give him that.  

Buck hasn't dropped Trumbo to 5. He's batted there against RHP starters all year. It's been Machado-Davis Trumbo 3-4-5 .

9 hours ago, 1968_bills_fan said:

Trumbo batting 0.203 1 HR.     Mancini  batting 0.256 5 HR

Last night I froze and was soaked.  Trumbo had 2 K's and left two men on base.

'nough said.

Well on the Wednesday game, Davis came up in the third with men on 1st and 2nd.   He struck out (surprise!!) but the passed ball allowed the runners to move up.  We can get the ball-girl/ball-boy to stand up there and strike out and it is cheaper.   NEXT UP was Trumbo who popped up.  Wonderful scoring opportunity, down the toilet.  ....The next time the magic duo came up they both hit weak ground balls......... 

15 minutes ago, 1968_bills_fan said:

Well on the Wednesday game, Davis came up in the third with men on 1st and 2nd.   He struck out (surprise!!) but the passed ball allowed the runners to move up.  We can get the ball-girl/ball-boy to stand up there and strike out and it is cheaper.   NEXT UP was Trumbo who popped up.  Wonderful scoring opportunity, down the toilet.  ....The next time the magic duo came up they both hit weak ground balls......... 

I fear this duo is going to be bane of our existence for much of the next few years.  Really like to break them up in the order.  I've advocated moving Jones to the 5 spot and Kim to the 2.  

4 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

He's 2 for his last 17 and pitchers have started going after him with a low/away sinker which seems to fool him consistently. 

Does that count?

No for two reasons:

1) Still better than Trumbo

2) Pitchers adjusted to him, give him a chance to adjust to them,

39 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I fear this duo is going to be bane of our existence for much of the next few years.  Really like to break them up in the order.  I've advocated moving Jones to the 5 spot and Kim to the 2.  

I think you're right, Trumbo should not be batting after Davis.

Tonight, lead-off double.  Davis does his job working a walk, but it brings the double-play into play.  Trumbo should have either bunted or sat for Mancini.  Instead he watches strike three and complains about it.  Then, like clockwork Castillo hits into the DP.

30 minutes ago, crawjo said:

I am not happy that we resigned him this offseason. I can't believe we gave him a deal but not Nelson Cruz a couple years earlier. 

To be fair, Cruz is having career years in his mid-30's.  Almost unheard of in the post-steroid era. 

I don't fault them for letting Cruz go.  The Davis deal was bad and the Trumbo deal was unnecessary given our depth at 1B/DH. 

33 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

To be fair, Cruz is having career years in his mid-30's.  Almost unheard of in the post-steroid era. 

I don't fault them for letting Cruz go.  The Davis deal was bad and the Trumbo deal was unnecessary given our depth at 1B/DH. 

You sure it's the post-steroid era for Cruz?  ;)

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2017 at 8:50 PM, ChuckS said:

Not a reactionary thread.  He really needs a couple days to get his head straight.  

He just looks really bad/indecisive at the plate.  .550 OPS and falling.  Unlike Hardy, he provides no value to us when he's not getting it done with the bat.  I realize you just paid the guy 3/36, but he's hurting the team right now.  

Bump.    Since the day this thread was posted, Trumbo has hit .319/.378/.519.     Sometimes you just have to let players play through things and figure it out.   

On last night's postgame interview, Trumbo said he had "made an adjustment," but was coy about what it was.     In any event, it's good to see he's rounded into form.   

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Bump.    Since the day this thread was posted, Trumbo has hit .319/.378/.519.     Sometimes you just have to let players play through things and figure it out.   

On last night's postgame interview, Trumbo said he had "made an adjustment," but was coy about what it was.     In any event, it's good to see he's rounded into form.   

This should be a sticky.

Archived