Palmer said Bundy had shoulder stiffness in his last start

Dark Helmet

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

I hope someone asks Buck why he sent him back out in the 8th up 5-0 after sitting for about 20 minutes. Nobody was even warming in the pen.

I don't get it either. Atleast have someone ready.

16 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

Buck just said I thought the long layoff messed with Bundy.. I thought he could get through the 8th. That was it.

He's contradicting himself.

With that long inning, no reason to not have a RP ready.

Somebody tell Buck that batters are now batting .556 (5-for-9) with a BB from 101 pitches on against Bundy. I can't believe he keeps running him out there until he's totally exhausted every start. Before this season, Bundy had never thrown more than 99 pitches on a professional game. This season he's thrown 99 pitches or more in every start. If Bundy is still effective by August I'l be surprised. Buck is intent on running him into the ground.

Buck clearly wants Bundy to take one more step and be a guy who can dominate for 115 pitches.    He's pushing him.   Personally I think he should be content with 95-100 quality pitches for now.  

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Somebody tell Buck that batters are now batting .556 (5-for-9) with a BB from 101 pitches on against Bundy. I can't believe he keeps running him out there until he's totally exhausted every start. Before this season, Bundy had never thrown more than 99 pitches on a professional game. This season he's thrown 99 pitches or more in every start. If Bundy is still effective by August I'l be surprised. Buck is intent on running him into the ground.

Bucks handling of Bundy is bad. The guy he should be careful with, he's abusing. And Bundy seems like the type that won't say..."Hey skip, I'm done". A dangerous duo.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well 3 of those hits were today.  So they were 2-6 coming into today.

I would hope with Britton back all this stops. I don't think we see Nuno even with that big lead on Friday. If Britton is back tomorrow I don't get not having someone up to start the inning. 

Buck is really concerned with using Givens -for obvious reasons- buy also O'Day vs lefties.  I assume he didn't want to pitch Hart tonight.  We need to hit the reset button with the pen and start using those guys like normal. Britton should allow us to do so. 

14 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I would hope with Britton back all this stops. I don't think we see Nuno even with that big lead on Friday. If Britton is back tomorrow I don't get not having someone up to start the inning. 

Buck is really concerned with using Givens -for obvious reasons- buy also O'Day vs lefties.  I assume he didn't want to pitch Hart tonight.  We need to hit the reset button the pen and start using those guys like normal. Britton should allow us to do so. 

I'd Britton is healthy and effective.

Archived