Manny furious after the game

ArtVanDelay

Just now, VeveJones007 said:

What you say is true, yet it completely misses the point Manny was making.

Not really. I get his point and it is a valid point. The suspensions pitchers get is a joke and and a baseball being thrown at 100 mph could be classified as assault.  But that quote will be taken out of context and burn him, even if it is valid.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Respect to Manny for keeping his cool between the lines.

Total bush league by Sale and Farrell. If anybody believed Farrell didn't order ERod and Barnes to throw at Manny, this is all you need to know at this point.

Joe Torre is a joke. And MLB is a joke for not handling this better. Barnes should have been suspended a month. Sale should have been ejected immediately. How they're going to claim to take these situations seriously and then lose a reliever for a few games is beyond me. In the end, Sale got away with one and Asher and the O's have to pay. Just asinine.

I thought it was interesting that Barnes appealed but then dropped it so it would be over before the Orioles series.

24 minutes ago, cheecks said:

Hey guys.

Manny is not showing class. Oh and he's threatening to go the mound next time he gets thrown at. Throw "class" out the window. 

He's not doing anything of the such. He's clearly saying that it's a double standard that these pitchers can keep throwing at him and all they get is a few games and if he goes running up there with a bat he's going to get suspended for far longer. And it's hard to disagree with him.

He's pissed and he damn well should be.

1 minute ago, Crazysilver03 said:

I thought it was interesting that Barnes appealed but then dropped it so it would be over before the Orioles series.

Very interesting. Says all you need to know. That club is a bunch of head hunters/bean ballers. It's start from the top (Farrell) down. He can't control his clubhouse and/or he's commanding them to throw at players. Night and day different than Buck.

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

He's not doing anything of the such. He's clearly saying that it's a double standard that these pitchers can keep throwing at him and all they get is a few games and if he goes running up there with a bat he's going to get suspended for far longer. And it's hard to disagree with him.

He's pissed and he damn well should be.

I know. I was being sarcastic. Because I was first to want to retaliate and everyone here said instead to be classy. Now Manny has this rant and now everyone thinks it's okay for Manny to rush the mound and not be classy. 

3 minutes ago, Crazysilver03 said:

Not really. I get his point and it is a valid point. The suspensions pitchers get is a joke and and a baseball being thrown at 100 mph could be classified as assault.  But that quote will be taken out of context and burn him, even if it is valid.

Yes, that quote would come back to haunt him if he charged the mound with the bat, but he clearly understands doing so would have serious repercussions. He is pointing out a double standard, not suggesting that he would do that.

Just now, scOtt said:

You keep defending Boston and saying Manny is "classless."

Wow! I'm done with you. To ignore.

Scott, I don't like that poster, but you did miss the point. He never defended Boston. His point is that the Orioles showing class doesn't solve the issue.

Just now, Crazysilver03 said:

Scott, I don't like that poster, but you did miss the point. He never defended Boston. His point is that the Orioles showing class doesn't solve the issue.

Well he's wrong then. IMO

Just now, cheecks said:

I know. I was being sarcastic. Because I was first to want to retaliate and everyone here said instead to be classy. Now Manny has this rant and now everyone thinks it's okay for Manny to rush the mound and not be classy. 

They're not mutually exclusive. At some point a player hits a breaking point and you can't fault them. He was thrown at least (close to) a half dozen times this season from Red Sox pitchers alone. 3 in one game by Barnes. Sale comes out in a fury and he's not going to get a damn game for his action.

Manny was hotheaded when he was younger, but he's showing quite a lot of class in between the lines to not revert into his earlier days. 

Just now, scOtt said:

Well he's wrong then. IMO

I will not neg rep someone for an opinion.

Archived