Fun with optionable pitchers

Frobby

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Does the day the player was sent down count towards the 10 days? I should know this by now. Miley's next start would have been Wednesday the 10th. 

No,  unless it was before game.  

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

No,  unless it was before game.  

Ok. Aquino and Nuno went down on the 30th for Verrett and Blier. So I think both should be eligible by the 10th.  

It might be a good idea this year for a sticky of all the Orioles pitchers options to keep track when they can be back.

20 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I think they going to have to DFA someone or 60 day DL someone.  No long man options in minors.  Only Faulkner,  Castro and liranzo.

Liranzo is not option he has been awful.  Faulkner I doubt it unless we can locate him first.  I see no sign he is even alive much less a pitching option.

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Ok. Aquino and Nuno went down on the 30th for Verrett and Blier. So I think both should be eligible by the 10th.  

It might be a good idea this year for a sticky of all the Orioles pitchers options to keep track when they can be back.

I was thinking that too.  I don't see an option at all to call up for long man tomorrow on the 40 man.

Just now, bpilktree said:

Liranzo is not option he has been awful.  Faulkner I doubt it unless we can locate him first.  I see no sign he is even alive much less a pitching option.

Keep in mind we are just talking about a long man or for one start. Not great options I know.  

Just now, bpilktree said:

I was thinking that too.  I don't see an option at all to call up for long man tomorrow on the 40 man.

Right. I know Wade is on the bench, that is good. They may have to DL him just to do it. Will be interesting. 

From the post game press conference we could see Britton go to the DL. Buck even mentioned Ynoa had a hamstring issue during the game. He could get DL'd. If they DL someone it would allow them to call up anyone and not have to wait the 10 days. 

Its going to be a interesting time between now and tomorrow's game. 

In his next to last inning, Ynoa had some type of "injury" (maybe what a 3 year old would call a booboo or an ow-ie), and the trainers came out to look at him for a couple minutes.   He took a couple warmup pitches and stayed in the game.

That sets the table for them claiming he is injured tomorrow, and then instead of sending him to the minors for 10 days, they can DL him for 10 days and bring up ANYBODY (Wilson, Aquino, Asher, etc).

Archived