Cubs blow it in extras

Uli2001

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

They say you see something new in baseball every week.

There are also 5 players 0 for 7 in this game (so far)

Reminds me of when I saw Cal's last game in Yankee Stadium. The game went 15 innings and he went either 0 for 7 or 0 for 8. The Yanks gave away lanyards with him and Gehrig on it. I put the box score clipping  inside the clear plastic of the lanyard as a keepsake. The game was suspended after 15 innings due to rain and was not made up since the outcome did not affect the 2001 standings.  

It was supposed to be his last MLB game, but 9/11 pushed the season back almost two weeks and a Red Sox make-up ended up being his last game (a home game at OPACY). I had to shell out crazy bucks for that one on EBay since I thought I had tix to Cal's last game. 

Nice going Cubs.  You guys shot yourselves in the foot and now you lost the game.  I suppose it doesn't matter anyway.  I don't think you guys could score a run if you were given 3 more innings.

6 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Ah, I see Pedro Strop is even screwing us over from another team.

The shortstop threw the ball home about 35 feet off the line. I have no idea how they called that a hit or even a fielder's choice. It was for certain an error. 

37 minutes ago, weams said:

The shortstop threw the ball home about 35 feet off the line. I have no idea how they called that a hit or even a fielder's choice. It was for certain an error. 

Ah, I see it was a pretty hard-luck earned run. Another reason why the earned/unearned distinction is kind of meaningless.

5 hours ago, O's84 said:

Beware of the jinx.

I don't believe in jinxes, but if I did, sorry. I think it had more to do with the Cubs going back to being losers than anything else. Last year must have been a cosmic warp or something.

Archived