Gio Gonzalez: The Orioles Will Swing at Anything

OFFNY

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

GG is a girl.   "Big bad Trumbo hitting my pretty waste pitch over that nasty old fence....wah, wah, wah."

Meh, as long as he keeps losing to the O's, I don't mind him doing a little harmless self-pity chat.  

Just now, Ruzious said:

Meh, as long as he keeps losing to the O's, I don't mind him doing a little harmless self-pity chat.  

Except my self pity chat isn't to guys standing in front of me with microphones, recorders and notebooks.  But yes, it is not a big deal. 

32 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Yes? Clearly not over his head.

Of course it wasn't.   Gio with some hyperbole there.   Still, it was way out of the strike zone and not a pitch that will normally draw a swing, or at least a swing that makes contact.

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Of course it wasn't.   Gio with some hyperbole there.   Still, it was way out of the strike zone and not a pitch that will normally draw a swing, or at least a swing that makes contact.

No doubt. I was stunned he was able to drive it. That said, I'm really glad he did. 

3 minutes ago, schittenden said:

No doubt. I was stunned he was able to drive it. That said, I'm really glad he did. 

I think that says something about how mediocre many of Gio's pitches were yesterday.  Lots of Gio's pitches were getting hammered  (including by folks like Caleb Joseph). I think the O's actually had pretty discerning at bats for the most part.  They weren't hacking, they were crushing strikes.  Except for Trumbo xD

1 hour ago, schittenden said:

Which, for the record, is not over Trumbo's head, unless he's freakishly short for a baseball player.  In reality, it's likely 20" below the top of his head.

Well, the batting stance is a crouch, not standing up straight.

6 hours ago, schittenden said:

I read that.  Some truth in it, but it kind of sounds like sour grapes coming when it did.  Sorry the swing-for-the-fences Birds tagged you for basically as many runs as you gave up in all your other starts.

Yeah man.

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Talking to the old-timers (even compared to me), chest high used to be the wheelhouse for power hitters back in the day.  Of course, the strike zone umps used back then was higher than it is now.  Maybe Trumbo's simply a throw-back type of player.

He's a hugely strong man. 

Archived