2017 Mega Draft Thread

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We desperately need help on the left side of the infield with Hardy being at the end, Manny likely gone in two years, and nothing whatsoever in the minors (Mountcastle and Reyes will not be playing SS/3B in the Major Leagues).  

Burger looks like he may have some weight issues.  Any other college 3B or SS that could be around when we pick?

On May 2, 2017 at 11:13 PM, ChuckS said:

We desperately need help on the left side of the infield with Hardy being at the end, Manny likely gone in two years, and nothing whatsoever in the minors (Mountcastle and Reyes will not be playing SS/3B in the Major Leagues).  

Burger looks like he may have some weight issues.  Any other college 3B or SS that could be around when we pick?

There's no way the team will simply lose Manny for nothing. 

12 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

There's no way the team will simply lose Manny for nothing. 

May get a competitive balance pick.  

I don't see a scenario where we are trading Manny unless things fall apart this year and we don't look to be competitive next season.  

Looking at the top 100, Jeter Downs (H.S. SS) looks like a nice prospect if we could be fortunate enough to get him in the second round.  More upside than Warmoth who may have to move to 2B. 

9 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

May get a competitive balance pick.  

I don't see a scenario where we are trading Manny unless things fall apart this year and we don't look to be competitive next season.  

If we can't extend him next winter we absolutely have to trade him. Our draft history is atrocious, I can't watch I lose Manny for Matt Hobgood. I'm too old. ☹️ It would be especially painful to see so much invested in Davis while we watch Manny join the Yankees with Harper. 

3 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

If we can't extend him next winter we absolutely have to trade him. Our draft history is atrocious, I can't watch I lose Manny for Matt Hobgood. I'm too old. ☹️ It would be especially painful to see so much invested in Davis while we watch Manny join the Yankees with Harper. 

I agree that would be the best course of action.  Nothing about the way this organization has operated over the last several years would leave me to believe that's what they'll do though.  

On 5/8/2017 at 11:23 AM, RZNJ said:

LHP from Oregon.   Impact position players are like a needle in a haystack at this spot.

I agree. We have 4 picks in the top 100. College pitching seems like the best bet. Over the last few drafts we've seen high school P's, Hughes and Hanifee not sign. Harvey and Fenter have needed TJ. 

Tillman and Ubaldo are FA's after this year. Miley and Britton after 2018. 

We need to add some pitching options to the system. 

Archived