vs. WHITE SOX, 6/12

OFFNY

From http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1193015-mlb-the-most-nagging-yet-debilitating-injuries-in-baseball :

"When a player suffers an oblique strain, there is a minimum period of between six and eight weeks required for the injury to heal before a player can even return to baseball activities. Needless to say, an oblique strain is not an injury that any baseball player ever wants to experience."

:(

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

He might as well join Davis on the DL then.

He really should. At some point, we get it, you're tough, but if it is going to affect you getting to balls (not saying that knuckling fly ball was missed due to his injury) I'm not trying to wait for a game were he ends up laid out on the ground with a more serious injury. 

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Thorne was talking about something called a "shutdown inning." I think I've heard of those things, but I can't remember what they are. Is just a theoretical construct, or can they happen in real life?

It's when you turn off your TV..'shut down' the computer and find something else to do. Ref: Firestone, Roy

Just now, Drifter said:

It's when you turn off your TV..'shut down' the computer and find something else to do. Ref: Firestone, Roy

Can you use it in a sentence?:

Chris Tillman's performance in the first inning Saturday against the Yankees turned it into a shut down inning for me. 

Archived