Fahey up, Knott down (!)

Hank Scorpio

Did I miss something.....this was Trembley's call? I find that hard to believe.

Don't you think he had to Ok this on some level? If he didn't, that's even worse. Did you read his quote regarding FAhey?

"Everyone knows what kind of player Fahey is. He fits into our style of play."

-Dave Trembley

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the move is a new oriole managerial litmus test. Sammy failed it last year so now lets see how Trembley makes out. Trembley has a winning record , however lets see if he can do it with three utility infielders on the roster.

Don't you think he had to Ok this on some level? If he didn't, that's even worse. Did you read his quote regarding FAhey?

No, with our FO I wouldn't assume that at all. Per Roch, Trembley said Fahey will play at SS and 2B, not the outfield....which makes no sense at all. It's almost like the FO wants this team to lose.

Wow...everyone getting worked up over a call-up/demotion in what is supposed to be yet another lost season.

No. Your post misses the bigger picture.

We're not sweating one roster move in yet another losing season; we're sweating yet another example of really bad decision making by our favorite team during a time that is supposed to be a, "New era." [ie McPhail] That the Orioles are still thinking in this manner bodes ill for the future, as this is not a move an intelligent baseball team would do. We want our team to be intelligent, even in the midst of losing, as good baseball decisions (not necessarily this one, but just our choices in general) will eventually lead to a winning team in the future.

[Oh yeah, and in the meantime, we have less offensive options now]. THAT is what we are worried about.

No, with our FO I wouldn't assume that at all. Per Roch, Trembley said Fahey will play at SS and 2B, not the outfield....which makes no sense at all. It's almost like the FO wants this team to lose.

Here's Trembley's quote.

"Everyone knows what kind of player Fahey is. He fits into our style of play."

-Dave Trembley

I said this in another post. Perhaps they are going to a small ball, pitching and defense approach. Maybe they've given up on trying to get a power hitter out of the system

I intend to quote this post to you the next time you show a shred of emotion over anything that goes on the rest of the season. CPat forgot to run home on another wild pitch? Oh well, just another lost season.

I don't know why everyone gets so damn defensive. I guess I can't show emotion because italianstallion will throw a quote of mine up there that was posted in jest!

Guest oriofan8

May sound crazy...but....could they need an infielder because someone may be getting traded ? Gomez ? Bynum? Roberts? doubt it...but ???

He's a comedian! :P

Just imagine a day game after a night game, when the O's wanted to rest Mora and Roberts. They could have an infield of Lopez, Bynum, Fahey and Gomez.

THAT would make opponents soil their armor!

Archived