Coco Crisp is a piece of --

ChaosLex

If anyone deserves to be held down and beaten it's Coco Crisp.

He had that coming in a big way, Coco is what medicore d-bags ascribe to be. Call him a d-bag role model.

I would have to love to see James Shields land that haymaker. But, it looks like Coco got knocked around pretty good on the bottom of the pile so I can live with it. :clap3:

Gotta love watching the Ray's do everyone else's dirty work though. Can anyone think of two other MLB teams that wanna have a cage match more that the Red Sox & Rays? :epic: They are building quite the rivalry. :pain:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that was a little disturbing. I have no idea what the heck he thought he was doing. Talk about tweaking out. Totally uncalled for, and it's doubly stupid because now he's going to be sitting on his butt with a nice long suspension while they really need him because Ellsbury's now hurt.

Those Rays players that were hitting him while he was pinned on the ground by another Rays player were all class, though. Nothing makes you a bigger man than punching a guy while he's being held down. :rolleyes:

In general, a pathetic display all around. Fights are exciting for the fans, but really, watching adults behave that way is pretty embarrassing.

Class or not, Crisp got what he deserved!

Maddon was jawing at Crisp before the fracas during a pitching change. You gotta think whatever Maddon said to Crisp, and it probably wasn't too friendly, it made his players think they had the green light to open up a can of whoopa on Crisp if things got sporty. You don't often see a manager jawing an opposing player.

Boy did a bunch of guys go after Crisp when he went after Shields! If I'm a player I'm thinking twice about charging the mound when the Rays are in town. These boys will make you pay.

(My enjoyment of baseball brawls makes me feel dirty and childish but I can't help it.)

For the record, THAT was the day before when Crisp took out the 2b. That was not last night.

Watch his postgame interview. I'll post it if I find, but if you think you hate him now just wait until after you watch that.

Just saw it...the way he talks about it...it's stomach turning. Planning out how he was going to charge the mound "faking towards first to get Navarro off my back.." etc.

D-baggery doesn't quite do Crisp justice.

Just saw it...the way he talks about it...it's stomach turning. Planning out how he was going to charge the mound "faking towards first to get Navarro off my back.." etc.

D-baggery doesn't quite do Crisp justice.

I have a feeling that Gomes (and maybe Crawford) may get the longest suspension out of this.

My bet is that Crisp gets the longest suspension out of anyone out there mainly b/c he started it and for treating the whole thing as a big joke in his post game comments. Who actually explains their technique in charging the mound? The guy just doesn't get it.

Of the Rays, my bet is that Gomes and Crawford get suspended the longest. Iwamura next b/c he came in and threw a punch. I hope Navarro doesn't b/c he was just tackling Crisp to get him away from Shields. Shields will likely be suspended at least for a start, maybe more b/c of the attempted haymaker.

My bet is that Crisp gets the longest suspension out of anyone out there mainly b/c he started it and for treating the whole thing as a big joke in his post game comments. Who actually explains their technique in charging the mound? The guy just doesn't get it.

Of the Rays, my bet is that Gomes and Crawford get suspended the longest. Iwamura next b/c he came in and threw a punch. I hope Navarro doesn't b/c he was just tackling Crisp to get him away from Shields. Shields will likely be suspended at least for a start, maybe more b/c of the attempted haymaker.

He better! He made a manageable situation worse, than BRAGGED about it.

And was Iwamura throwing real punches, or throwing punches with his glove hand? You never see any good angles of it, and the still picture you can see he's hitting Crisp with his glove.

I think you've given a pretty solid guess here. Gomes and Crawford should get nailed for piling on and hitting a guy who couldn't defend himself.

I wish there was some way for MLB to institute a rule where it is an automatic suspension if you leave the bench, a la the NBA. If they all leave the bench, they are all suspended, make the team fill in with minor leaguers for a game if necessary.

I think you've given a pretty solid guess here. Gomes and Crawford should get nailed for piling on and hitting a guy who couldn't defend himself.

I wish there was some way for MLB to institute a rule where it is an automatic suspension if you leave the bench, a la the NBA. If they all leave the bench, they are all suspended, make the team fill in with minor leaguers for a game if necessary.

So if someone charges the mound it is 1 (+ whoever is on base) v 9?

What should have happen is Francona should have said Coco your going to get hit. Take it like a man and lets get this thing past us.

They'll get suspensions b/c they were throwing punches, but Crisp chose his fate. I can't blame them for sticking up for their teammates.

So if someone charges the mound it is 1 (+ whoever is on base) v 9?

What should have happen is Francona should have said Coco your going to get hit. Take it like a man and lets get this thing past us.

I have to wonder if he actually did, but Crisp just didn't care. I mean...just listening to that post game interview...he knew he was going to get hit, and he had it planned on what he was going to do.

I agree that, while entertaining, the piling on was a bit much, but I have to say, I'm glad Iwamura was taking shots.

He better! He made a manageable situation worse, than BRAGGED about it.

And was Iwamura throwing real punches, or throwing punches with his glove hand? You never see any good angles of it, and the still picture you can see he's hitting Crisp with his glove.

Whether they were good punches or just "girlie punches" they're still going to be punches in MLB's eyes. But they won't be treated like Gomes/Crawford type punches. Just a hunch.

Archived