Orioles' First-Half Recap: Five Things That Went Wrong

PressBoxOnline

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that if Britton is out and O'Day is healthy the overall impact isn't that significant.  The impact of Britton's injury has been magnified by O'Day's issues.  You should be able to go into games with a healthy Brach, O'Day and Givens and feel pretty good about things.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I don't think "Miley Regression" counts. That would have implied to me, at the beginning of the season, that he was doing well at some point and regressed. I'm personally amazed at how well he pitched in the first half.

Why wouldn't it count? 

First 7 games: 2.45 ERA, .214/.333/.305 - .639 OPS

Last 11 games: 6.75 ERA .335/.409/.520 - .928 OPS

That's the definition of regression. 

13 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Why wouldn't it count? 

First 7 games: 2.45 ERA, .214/.333/.305 - .639 OPS

Last 11 games: 6.75 ERA .335/.409/.520 - .928 OPS

That's the definition of regression. 

Manny is regressing. Miley got lucky for seven games. I think there has to be a difference.

You can't say that the reason this season is bad was because Miley suddenly started to suck; he always sucked. Those seven games were a gift.

Just now, Enjoy Terror said:

Manny is regressing. Miley got lucky for seven games. I think there has to be a difference.

Ah, I see your wording now. You literally meant at the beginning of the season he was to be counted on to do well based on past performance...and then he crapped the bed it'd be regression. I just read it wrong. Sorry.

I agree.

Archived