Gausman option?

bpilktree

I know we have talked about it but today.  Dan Conley said that Gausman will make his start next week but that Buck has mentioned that he may have to go down and use his last option.  That is something DD and Buck are looking at.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I know we have talked about it but today.  Dan Conley said that Gausman will make his start next week but that Buck has mentioned that he may have to go down and use his last option.  That is something DD and Buck are looking at.

They won't do that. They do not want to tick him off like that, unless his attitude is a problem.

8 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I could be wrong but I don't think you can blame the pitching coach for the starters bad performance. Buck has even said that his pitching coach works very hard and is doing everything he can to help the pitchers.

Well sending him down kind of answers that right?  If Griffin can tune him up you have to wonder what effect McDowell is having.

30 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

True, but they might want to try getting a new pitching coach first. 

Why? These pitchers are professionals. They know what they have to do. Kevin is not a rookie. I think Kevin should be pissedoff at himself. He must know his pitching is suspect. He knows he can do better. He needs to pull-up his jockstrap and put on his big boy pants and do his damn job. All the pitchers need to. And the hitters need to do their best at their jobs. This ain't little league. Do your job team. 

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I think it is more likely Kevin goes to the pen than to Norfolk, but I would not think it a bad idea.  He needs to get out of his head, change gears, refocus! 

I think I'd like him to refocus on another team at this point.

Archived