Santander

OriolesMagic83

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

Why 75?    Won't he get to about 45 this year once he's called up in mid-August?

Hopefully he hits up here and renders the issue moot!

I don't believe September games count but let me check on that.

2 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Here's how I see it.

Trumbo activated,  Rickard optioned until  September 1st.

Flaherty activated, Tejada DFA.

Hardy activated, Beckham optioned until  September 1st (could change if he continues to play well over the next 2 weeks).

Santander activated, Hart optioned until  September 1st.

Beckham is out for options.

2 hours ago, weams said:

He should not have missed that game ending pop up for Gausman.

And Buck made a point of saying that shouldn't have happened, and he was very upset about it.  I expect that Tejada will be sent down at some point this month.  

23 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Beckham is out for options.

Good point.    Funny, I could swear I read yesterday somewhere that he had 2 options remaining, which surprised me.    But you are clearly correct.   

3 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Here's how I see it.

Trumbo activated,  Rickard optioned until  September 1st.

Flaherty activated, Tejada DFA.

Hardy activated, Beckham optioned until  September 1st (could change if he continues to play well over the next 2 weeks).

Santander activated, Hart optioned until  September 1st.

I really don't think Flaherty would be kept on the big club over Beckham when Hardy is activated.

3 hours ago, phillyOs119 said:

Gentry is the first to go, he shouldn't be on a MLB roster at this point.  Why would Hardy get the nod over Beckham?  Hardy has been the 2nd worst player in the Majors with over 200PAs this year.  His power is gone, he doesn't walk, and he clogs the bases.

Disagree on Gentry.  He has value as a defensive replacement and pinch runner.  

Agree on Hardy.  But, it doesn't matter.  Buck not only assured Hardy that he'd have a roster spot, but that he would remain the starting shortstop.  Madness!

On 8/1/2017 at 11:49 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

What's the downside to calling him up now?  I believe he has to spend 90 days on the ML roster, so the O's should start his time now.  He's on a hot streak and might continue it on the O's.  We know what Rickard is, basically a 4th OF.  It would be good to see what Santander can do. 

If he meets his time requirement on the ML roster early next year can he be sent down, or does he have to stay on the roster all year?

Send Joey down and call him up

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't believe September games count but let me check on that.

5 hours ago, bpilktree said:

September games do not count towards the 90. 

5 hours ago, Number5 said:

Sure they do.

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

That seems definitive. 

As others have said, I'm almost certain they do count.

Is the potential confusion regarding how extended roster September call-ups' service time is impacted?