Santander

OriolesMagic83

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I have a feeling Santander is going to be the real deal. Look at his forearms. Look at his athleticism.Yep, he struck out twice last night, but he got the hit that started everything off, and made a dazzling diving play in the field. I think we might have something. And we get Austin Hays too next year. This outfield will be fine. The question is where do you play Mancini?

Santander certainly looks like a ballplayer. Then again, so did Jimmy Paredes. But passing the eye test is better than not passing the eye test.

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I have a feeling Santander is going to be the real deal. Look at his forearms. Look at his athleticism.Yep, he struck out twice last night, but he got the hit that started everything off, and made a dazzling diving play in the field. I think we might have something. And we get Austin Hays too next year. This outfield will be fine. The question is where do you play Mancini?

Mancini should be at first, manny should have Davis's money and Davis should have brought us a first round pick.

UGH.

Back on topic though, I really like Santander, he seems to have that swagger of, yeah I know I can play. Manny and Schoop both have it too.

I am not saying he's either one of those guys, but he looks like a player.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Too bad it can't be at 1st. Thats the problem with having CD on the team. Someone mentioned that's it's too bad the FO is not more forward thinking in another thread. That's true. 

Really hope they can dump Trumbo in the offseason. At least then DH and 1B are open for Davis and Mancini to share. With Rickard, Hays, Mullins, Santander, and maybe Yaz they could have a really strong defensive outfield in a year or two. 

I'd rather watch a team of young guys then aging vets. 

2 hours ago, Norfolk orioles said:

Mancini should be at first, manny should have Davis's money and Davis should have brought us a first round pick.

UGH.

Back on topic though, I really like Santander, he seems to have that swagger of, yeah I know I can play. Manny and Schoop both have it too.

I am not saying he's either one of those guys, but he looks like a player.

Agree with all of this. With our young OF's coming up, there is no reason to have Mancini in the OF. Maybe we can trade Trumbo. We're stuck with Davis. Just gotta hope he performs. 

This might be crazy talk but maybe we could trade Mancini for a SP. 

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

That isn't crazy talk. That is destructive talk.No way that happens.

Why not? This team is desperate for better than below average starters. You value Mancini too much. But no danger of that happening because I'm not sure other teams value him enough to trade away a good SP. And I don't mean Wade Miley or Ubaldo Jimenez good.

2 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

Really hope they can dump Trumbo in the offseason. At least then DH and 1B are open for Davis and Mancini to share. With Rickard, Hays, Mullins, Santander, and maybe Yaz they could have a really strong defensive outfield in a year or two. 

I'd rather watch a team of young guys then aging vets. 

I think we all would. 

I got a first hand look at Santander last night.     He's got s nice fluid swing and seems to hit the ball where it's pitched.    He looks comfortable in RF as well.     Just a  gut reaction, but I think he's got good potential.    Worth nursing through the Rule 5 process.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I got a first hand look at Santander last night.     He's got s nice fluid swing and seems to hit the ball where it's pitched.    He looks comfortable in RF as well.     Just a  gut reaction, but I think he's got good potential.    Worth nursing through the Rule 5 process.  

Kid only has a handful of at bats past A ball. Just keep him through Mid May next year and send him down for more seasoning. Hope he can replace Trumbo by 2020 at the latest. 

One more thing. I assume he will accumulate one year of service time this year, correct? So when he does come back to the team we will have him under control for 5, not 6 years.