Adam Jones #6 all time...

Natty

Interesting trivia during the game the other night. Jones is #6 all time for homeruns as a center fielder. 

Only Mantle, Griffey Jr, Dimaggio, Fred Lynn, and Bernie Williams have more. And Jones will likely pass Lynn and Williams. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Where's Willie Mays?

That's the first thing I thought of. He must have hit a lot of homers not playing CF. Mantle only hit 432 at CF. And Griffey hit 382. So they hit a lot while not playing center.

52 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Well, I know AJ actually sucks from reading this forum. I guess career homerun totals are equally as misleading when valuing the top players in the history of the game as are pitching wins. 

Where are you getting that from?  A handful of posts in the "where are the home runs" thread?

Jonesy has a little bit of "empty power" but please -- he's a 30 win player at age 31.  He is building a case for starting "All-Orioles" CF even over Paul Blair.

(no he's not there yet)

2 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Where are you getting that from?  A handful of posts in the "where are the home runs" thread?

Jonesy has a little bit of "empty power" but please -- he's a 30 win player at age 31.  He is building a case for starting "All-Orioles" CF even over Paul Blair.

(no he's not there yet)

I was being snarky. But Jones does gets raked over the coals unfairly by some on here.

Archived