Offseason Trade Ideas thread

Luke-OH

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Mike Wright  went 9-1 with a 2.22  ERA as a starter in AAA in 2015.  It has never help him in the majors.  

Their is a big difference between a 12.1% K-BB% from an ok prospect in his age 25 season and a 29.7% K-BB% from a top 25 prospect in his age 23 season.

You can save this and say "I told you so" but I'll say it, Glasnow will have the better career (barring injury) than Keller.

So ends my Glasnow talk for the day.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, phillyOs119 said:

Their is a big difference between a 12.1% K-BB% from an ok prospect in his age 25 season and a 29.7% K-BB% from a top 25 prospect in his age 23 season.

You can save this and say "I told you so" but I'll say it, Glasnow will have the better career (barring injury) than Keller.

When?   Will he pitch better in the majors in 2018? I am sure the Pirates would like to know the answer before they trade someone to make room for him.

13 minutes ago, wildcard said:

When?   Will he pitch better in the majors in 2018? I am sure the Pirates would like to know the answer before they trade someone to make room for him.

I expect him to spend the majority of 2018 in the majors and pitch well, again I doubt the Pirates will be trying to compete in 2018.

14 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I expect him to spend the majority of 2018 in the majors and pitch well, again I doubt the Pirates will be trying to compete in 2018.

That is what you expect but what do the Pirates expect?  They get Marte back for the whole year.

If they keep McCutchen then they are going for it.  If they trade him they are not.IMO.

Its nice that you are really high on Glasnow but until he does pitch well in the majors he is still an unproven player at that level.     I kind of doubt the Pirates trade starting pitching to make room for him this off season.  Maybe for other reasons but not to make room for Glasnow or Brault.

21 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

Duffy for Mountcastle or Hayes, with Scott & Mullins. Count me in! But I don't think the Royals would make that trade unless they were wholly focused on dumping Duffy's salary. Even then, there are a lot of other teams that could use Duffy.

I certainly don't know this to be the case, but it is possible that the Royals may be motivated to cut ties with him over his DUI charge. Or maybe because of his bad dietary choices.

20 hours ago, wildcard said:

I doubt the O's will trade Hayes.  It just opens another hole and makes the team more expensive.

I would certainly trade them Elvin or Bob.  But I am keeping Austin Hays.  

Trade Hall of Famer Bob Hayes or Hall of Famer Elvin Hayes, but you wouldn't trade an unproven prospect? I guess you are being sarcastic. If Austin remains an Oriole and has half the career of either of those two, he'll be a Baltimore legend and an Orioles' Hall of Famer.

37 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Trade Hall of Famer Bob Hayes or Hall of Famer Elvin Hayes, but you wouldn't trade an unproven prospect? I guess you are being sarcastic. If Austin remains an Oriole and has half the career of either of those two, he'll be a Baltimore legend and an Orioles' Hall of Famer.

Ummm   I was just trying to humorously highlight  the spelling difference between individuals named HAYES and the Orioles player who you both incorrectly gave that same surname to in your post who is actually spelled HAYS, not HAYES....lol.   

DJ Stewart for Jharel Cotton of Oakland?  Cotton was pretty bad last year, though he's still very young (25) and has some really good stuff.  Stewart could take over RF and allow them to play Matt Olsen exclusively at first, where he is a much better fit. 

If Cotton figures it out, he could be a very solid pitcher.

2 hours ago, joelala said:

DJ Stewart for Jharel Cotton of Oakland?  Cotton was pretty bad last year, though he's still very young (25) and has some really good stuff.  Stewart could take over RF and allow them to play Matt Olsen exclusively at first, where he is a much better fit. 

If Cotton figures it out, he could be a very solid pitcher.

I'm higher on Stewart than most but I don't think he can handle right field in Oakland.

25 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm higher on Stewart than most but I don't think he can handle right field in Oakland.

From a range perspective I think he'd be fine, I don't think he has the arm for it though (apologies if that's what you meant).

49 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Wouldn't trading Mountcastle depend on what they do with Machado. If they resign him Mountcastle becomes expendable but if not isn't he the only in house option?

Mountcastle is maybe 20-30% chance of sticking at 3B.  You've also got Jomar Reyes, probably similar chance to stay at 3B (much much more arm but bigger and less mobile).   Then there is Drew Dosch, who could possibly keep the spot warm during a rebuild.  

Archived