This Off Season Feels So Hopeless

Camden_yardbird

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t know why you put the last part in quotes, since that isn’t what the article actually says.   It says players will be traded “when the front office realizes the team isn’t very good.”    That’s a bit different.  

In any event, the “way too early” title to the article is completely accurate.     The team is going to look a lot different in March than it looks today, so I really couldn’t care less what power ranking they’re given by ESPN on Novermber 5.

Yes, I should have rechecked.  And the pundits who have already been constantly negative in their offseason predictions for us since 2012 NOW will be doubling down even more on how terrible we will be.  

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t know why you put the last part in quotes, since that isn’t what the article actually says.   It says players will be traded “when the front office realizes the team isn’t very good.”    That’s a bit different.  

In any event, the “way too early” title to the article is completely accurate.     The team is going to look a lot different in March than it looks today, so I really couldn’t care less what power ranking they’re given by ESPN on Novermber 5.

And no matter what actually gets added, the ESPN rankings will be exactly the same in March, I predict....not that it actually means anything except  that they always predict us down no matter what and our last place finish validates them in their opinion of the 2018 team no matter if a Jason Vargas or a Miggy Gonzalez, etc. gets added.    But, of course, it means very little. 

The Dodgers declined a team option on Andre Ethier, making him a free agent.

He strikes me as someone DD might go after, hoping that he gets a revival of his numbers moving from Dodger Stadium to Oriole Park.

I know we're going to add a lefty bat, just don't know who it is.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

He strikes me as someone DD might go after, hoping that he gets a revival of his numbers moving from Dodger Stadium to Oriole Park.

Much rather that money go to finding a SP. Ethier isnt bad, but the Orioles need to allocate their resources alot smarter than this. 

4 hours ago, SteveA said:

Would be a good LH bat off the bench.  Oozing veteranocity too...  I wouldn't want him to get in the way of Hays though.

Interesting Ethier fact.  Every time he stepped to the plate in 2016 and 2017, he earned $554,687.64.  Nice work if you can get it.

23 hours ago, SteveA said:

Yep he is a DD/Buck nugget

Old, Slow, lousy defense corner OF'er ... and over paid at anything above league minimum

Go DD get him for 2/25

On 11/6/2017 at 12:10 PM, SteveA said:

Plenty of options Bruce, Granderson, Eithier, Jay,

6 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Plenty of options Bruce, Granderson, Eithier, Jay,

Jay is the only one of that group that doesn’t make me cringe.

This is the best option though, from MLB trade rumors chat.

Steve Adams
3:58
I think the O's should trade Machado, Jones, Britton, Brach and all of their short-term pieces this winter. They will not do that, however.

7 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Yep he is a DD/Buck nugget

Old, Slow, lousy defense corner OF'er ... and over paid at anything above league minimum

Go DD get him for 2/25

DD/Buck better have the brains not to sign Ethier. Rather move AJ to right field. 

Archived