Orioles to take another shot at extending Machado per Roch

Roll Tide

Will the Orioles get Manny resigned  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Orioles get Machado signed?

• No ...They are just trying to prevent a fan exodus by saying they tried
    • No, They are going to back up the Brinks truck, but Machado isn't interested in staying
    • Yes...Angela s finally signs off on the big dollars and gets it done
    • Other.....

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

You're correct. It is $77 million before he opts out after 2020. I would explore what it would take to get him here for the next three years. He would absolutely destroy this park and the AL East.

We ain't got it. Unless it's a 3 way deal with Manny as the centerpiece. 

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

If you think he doesn't opt out. Barring injury, he's almost certain to opt out. 

I don't think it's certain, not with his injury history. And it's baseball, nothing is certain except he won't be worth the tail end of that contract.

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

You're correct. It is $77 million before he opts out after 2020. I would explore what it would take to get him here for the next three years. He would absolutely destroy this park and the AL East.

I wouldn't want to risk getting stuck with the end of that contract. Besides I want to spend on pitching., We have a lot of OF.

I can definitely see teams being cautious with him, last year he definitely wasn't the same guy as he was in '15 and even '16.  The downward trend would keep me from offering a huge deal.  I dunno, maybe start at 4/75?  Definitely be interesting to see where he ends up and on what contract.

Archived