What does no announcement of a Buck extension mean?

wildcard

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So do you think any of that is relevant to what Andy MacPhail was paid as President of Baseball Operations for the Orioles?   

I would think that Andy was paid more per year than Dan.  How much more I don't know.  And the fact it was over 6 years ago makes a difference also.

I didn't post the comparison because of Andy.  I did it because I think Buck will want a raise.    The president's  numbers were just interesting so I posted those also.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/11/2017 at 3:03 PM, Frobby said:

He fired Wren, but basically, you’re right.    He doesn’t often fire managers, either.    I actually like that about him, but I think there are times to make exceptions.    I’d favor making a decision on Duquette now, rather than next year, simply because there’s a conflict between Dan’s incentive to succeed in the short run and the team’s interest in succeeding in the longer run, that’s exacerbated by the fact that we have several very key players on expiring contracts.   

Could not agree more. I believe that this year and next there are some critical decisions that will determine the success of the O's for now and the next 4-5 years. I don't believe Duquette is the man for that job and would fire him, now. I actually would have fired him after 2015, but that's neither here nor there.

Archived