O's interested in Tyler Chatwood

wildcard

From MLBTR.com

• Another starter getting a bite is Tyler Chatwood, in whom the Orioles have shown interest, per Morosi (via Twitter). That’s a connection that comes as little surprise. Baltimore is going to have to take some chances to fill out its staff, and Chatwood looks to be one of the market’s more interesting possibilities to provide value. He won’t turn 28 until December and has posted solid results outside of Coors Field, prompting MLBTR to predict a three-year deal (albeit at a relatively modest annual value). While Camden Yards and the AL East are an intimidating prospect for many pitchers, Chatwood at least has plenty of experience dealing with similar challenges.
  • https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/11/free-agent-rumblings-walker-cobb-chatwood-minor-lucroy-bautista.html
  •  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan absolutely has to sign this guy. He is the perfect free agent pitcher for the Orioles. There is no way in the world that he can be worse than Miley or Ubaldo. Put a good defense behind him and watch him take off. Dan better be agressive as far as improving the pitching staff. Pay the man Dan! 3/30.

1 hour ago, Snutchy said:

Am I reading it right when it says that he walks a little over 4 batters a game ??? I'm not a stats guy or anything, but didn't they just let MIley walk ???

o

Yes, you read that right.

I checked his career Minor League stats, and his walk rate there was relatively high, also ........ so he appears to be a career walker, regardless of where he is pitching.

o

Archived