Orioles Protech Wynn, Harvey, and Hess prior to the rule 5

Roll Tide

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Frobby said:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/11/wynns-on-40-man-spot-it-means-everything.html

(Quote from the article) He might lead the league in autographs and photos, telling others, “You never know when it might brighten someone’s day.” He begins most conversations by asking, “How are you?” or “How’s your family?”

Understatement of the year. Very good article and extremely true. Can't wait to see how Spring Training plays out.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Buck has made pretty clear statements before that didn't exactly turn out that way.

It also isn't his decision.

You don’t think Buck has at least equal say over who makes the OD roster?    I disagree.   

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think he has input.

At the end of the day Dan has 100% of the say.

Putting aside the odd dynamics of the Orioles, I’ve always thought that in MLB the decisions of who should go North were more for the manager than the GM.    Perhaps in situations where there are important contract issues it’s otherwise, but I’d think an issue like Sisco vs. Wynns would be Buck’s call.    

10 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

One thing I’ve noticed from my research is that Wilkerson definitely didn’t need to be protected. There are at least 4-5 better utility infield options than him available.

Maybe him being added to the 40 man didn't have anything to do with the rule V draft?

Archived