O's have traded for Konner Wade

birdreg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roch noted that in the second half, Wade went 7-1 over 50.1 innings with a 3.04 ERA and 1.05 WHIP.   Maybe he made some mechanical adjustment that the O’s think has drastically changed his future prognosis.    That’s all I can come up with.     I seem to remember a rationale like that when DD traded for Dana Eveland when he first got here.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

If he made an adjustment it won't really explain his August numbers.   6 starts.  35 IP,  42 hits (never a good sign),   5 homer runs,  1.34 WHIP.    He showed some control but he's not a strikeout guy.   There is really nothing to hang your hat on here.     He was 25  years old and in AA and put up very pedestrian numbers.   He turns 26 in December.   Most of the guys DD has gotten for slot money have been totally worthless.   Add another one to the list.    I'd like to know who is recommending these players.

No problem with getting rid of int slot money that isn't allowed to be used anyway.   I just think something better could be acquired with it.    This is not a defensible get, IMO.

I tend to agree.

Now just wait, he’ll be in our rotation by midsummer after being the ace of Norfolk’s staff for half a season.  :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

That would at least make some sense.   No deal of any kind is listed on MLB at the moment.    If DD is able to deal Trumbo for slot money and a warm body, without kicking in a ton of money, I'd say he made a good move.   Of course, Trumbo might hit 50 homers and hit .300 with half the games at Coors.

And still only be worth a win.

Archived