O's in discussions with Cubs, Almora Jr appears to be the target.

Roll Tide

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see them giving up Britton or Gausman for Almora, without instantly giving Almora a starting spot in the outfield. He is primarily a center fielder and has only made a handful of starts elsewhere in the outfield. Does that move Jones to right, Almora to center, and Mancini in left, with Trumbo DH'ing? If Hays is up, does Hays go to left and Mancini DH'ing?

4 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I can't see them giving up Britton or Gausman for Almora, without instantly giving Almora a starting spot in the outfield. He is primarily a center fielder and has only made a handful of starts elsewhere in the outfield. Does that move Jones to right, Almora to center, and Mancini in left, with Trumbo DH'ing? If Hays is up, does Hays go to left and Mancini DH'ing?

The article seems to indicate Jones being moved out of CF. which is long overdue according to many of the stat guys here.

Looking at the article and baseball reference he appears to be a plus defender.  He had 27 XBH in 89 ABs. His K/W rate is pretty good and I guess the only complaint I'd gave is that he's not a base stealer. 

His OBP is approximately 350 which would ge okay if his secondary base running speed is good.

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We'd have to do Britton for Almora all day. Britton has at best 70 IP left for us. Almora would have 5 years. Almora would he the long term option in CF. Give Manny and Schoop the money that we would save by getting rid of Britton and Jones. 

Oh hell yes! If we could get Albert Almora in exchange for Britton, you do it immediately. Getting Almora and moving Jones to RF makes our outfield defense much better. Then if you find a way to move Trumbo, you have Mancini to DH and Hays plays LF. Hays, Almora and Jones from left to Right makes our outfield elite, imo.

5 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

What theobird said.  Hays in left, Almora in center and Jones in right, with Mancini DHing and Trumbo moved.

Hopefully

BTW - glad to hear about something beyond "Os are interested"

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What possible logic would be in play that would explain sending one of the two starting pitchers the Orioles have away in a trade?

Britton makes sense.

Britton makes sense. Brach Too. Manny. Joseph. Trumbo. Davis. Even Schoop. Not Gausman and not to the Cubs. 

51 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What possible logic would be in play that would explain sending one of the two starting pitchers the Orioles have away in a trade?

Britton makes sense.

Britton makes sense for us, sure.  Problem in a trade is whether it makes sense for them.  I doubt a doubt filled Britton alone gets it done straight up for Almora.    I agree that no way should we be trading Gausman and that those are Cub reports that suggest this because obviously they too are looking for starting pitching, but no way it makes sense for us.  

Archived