O's in discussions with Cubs, Almora Jr appears to be the target.

Roll Tide

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Trades of major players during spring training are very rare.    When’s the last one you remember?

February 13: Rays acquire P Nate Karns from Nationals for P Felipe Rivero, C Jose Lobaton and OF Drew Vettleson. . 

February 19: Pirates acquire A.J. Burnett and cash from Yankees for P Diego Moreno and OF Exicardo Cayones. 

14 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

.290/.345/.460 with gold glove D in CF never going to hit more than 15ish Hr, but should hit a lot of doubles. His speed is simply just above average but his instincts in the outfield are off the charts. He gets huge jumps on balls that let him make catches that other faster guys couldn't get to. If he can keep improving vs righties the ceiling might be even higher.

Maybe, but I think he has a low floor - considering he didn't hit particularly well in the minors - including a low .700's OPS in the PCL - which is pretty bad.  Gotta wonder how much of the giddiness about him is because he was a high 1st rounder.  

14 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Britton is one of the few trade chips the Orioles have. If they move him, they need to move him for what they need the most—pitching.  

This team has enough outfielders in the system and guys can always be picked up to plug holes.  

I'd argue they have at least 10 more valuable trade assets currently.

49 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I disagree. Britton would net each of those individually plus more in a trade.

If Britton could land a prospect the caliber of Hays, Zach would have been gone at the trade deadline. He might get you a guy of Givens type quality, but even that would vary from team to team.

Definitely would not trade Mancini for one year of a Britton type. 

23 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

This team is not going to go into a rebuilding mold.

Angelos is getting older and wants to see another WS team.

Buck and DD are lame ducks, there is no reason to go into full bore rebuilding now.

Unless my memory is shot Angelos has never seen a WS team except on the TV.

30 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Zach was almost gone at the deadline, do you have no recollection of the shenanigans that went down with the Astros?

Please refresh my memory regarding the prospects that were coming back. None of them were of Hays caliber, right? Also, I thought the key players coming back had injury concerns...

Archived