Early 2018 predictions/expectations

billw76

22 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I confidently predict we will finish dead last in the AL East. The team needs to rebuild, and leadership is too stupid to do what needs to be done. In order to actually compete you need to add a #1, #3, and # 5 starter to the mix and simply are unwilling to make the necessary financial commitment to get it done. Even if they were it would be a difficult task considering what is available.

I could see us finishing ahead of the Rays, but no one else really. From what I've read the Rays are contemplating cleaning house and going into rebuild mode. Longoria, Colome, and Odorizzi are all rumored to be on the block. They's probably trade Archer too if the price was right. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I confidently predict we will finish dead last in the AL East. The team needs to rebuild, and leadership is too stupid to do what needs to be done. In order to actually compete you need to add a #1, #3, and # 5 starter to the mix and simply are unwilling to make the necessary financial commitment to get it done. Even if they were it would be a difficult task considering what is available.

Sadly I have to agree here, doesn't mean I won't watch and pray for better, but this seems to be where we're headed.  I just don't see us getting the required pitching to have us compete with Boston and NY.

Rolling the dice with Manny and seeing him walk next year with NO return is Mussina like agonizing. :(

15 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

Sadly I have to agree here, doesn't mean I won't watch and pray for better, but this seems to be where we're headed.  I just don't see us getting the required pitching to have us compete with Boston and NY.

Rolling the dice with Manny and seeing him walk next year with NO return is Mussina like agonizing:(

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Horse Hockey.

Britton is not a failure

Matsuz was not a failure

Bundy is not a failure

Gausman is not a failure

Too soon to tell about Harvey

Hobgood was a failure

Adam Loewen could be consider a failure

In many ways, I consider Matusz to be more of a failure than Loewen.     Injuries derailed Loewen’s career, while Matusz somehow derailed himself.   Loewen had an ERA+ of 85 in the majors, same as Matusz.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

In many ways, I consider Matusz to be more of a failure than Loewen.     Injuries derailed Loewen’s career, while Matusz somehow derailed himself.   Loewen had an ERA+ of 85 in the majors, same as Matusz.   

Like Wiesters, Matusz never developed into the player they had drafted at a number 1 slot.

Career WAR of 2.7 is pretty low, he had a very strong 2nd year here with a 3.0 WAR.

I think he had a very good 2015 season, 2.94 EAR and a 1.184 WHIP.

Failures dont spend 8 seasons on a major league rooster.

To me, guys like Hobgood, regardless if injury or not, if they bust out like he did, that is a failure.

You are right, I was wrong to consider Loewen a failure.

Archived