Os requesting offers on Machado

Roll Tide

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This list is kind of nuts.  Chances of trading him to Red Sox, Yankees, and Nationals are extraordinarily low. 

Angels farm system is not very good nor is the Mets.  Brewers are interesting and maybe Cleveland but only if they gave up a ton I think.

5 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

This list is kind of nuts.  Chances of trading him to Red Sox, Yankees, and Nationals are extraordinarily low. 

Angels farm system is not very good nor is the Mets.  Brewers are interesting and maybe Cleveland but only if they gave up a ton I think.

If you are going to lose him at the end of 2018 it's time to face the music.

If you can't get Bostons to cough up Devers,  Groome, Johnson, and Mata you do the deal. The article specifically mentions Devers I've added the rest.

i

13 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

If you are going to lose him at the end of 2018 it's time to face the music.

If you can't get Bostons to cough up Devers,  Groome, Johnson, and Mata you do the deal. The article specifically mentions Devers I've added the rest.

i

If Boston gives up all that I'll personally drive Manny to the airport. 

If they give up Devers, I imagine thats all we get.  Groome would come with a guy closer to the MLB maybe like Johnson. 

12 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

If Boston gives up all that I'll personally drive Manny to the airport. 

If they give up Devers, I imagine thats all we get.  Groome would come with a guy closer to the MLB maybe like Johnson. 

The Orioles will never do one for be on Machado. Even the article said Devers is a nice prospect but Manny is an elite player. Your getting 3-5 top end players for Manny if dealt. That's why the article suggest a contender whom is serious about a run at the World Series, willing to pay the price. 

If you think the Orioles are accepting a player or two your kidding yourself.

9 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The Orioles will never do one for be on Machado. Even the article said Devers is a nice prospect but Manny is an elite player. Your getting 3-5 top end players for Manny if dealt. That's why the article suggest a contender whom is serious about a run at the World Series, willing to pay the price. 

I think you are exactly right. And I think that is exactly why you have to trade Manny this off season. Now I don't think they will, I have never seen this FO do the right thing and I don't expect them to start now.

There are no known offers, and it would obviously take a ton for the Orioles to even consider moving such a superstar. The Yankees and Phillies are among many teams expected to have interest in Machado, who is eligible for free agency after the 2018 season – though the call list isn’t known.

From Heyman

How much is Manny worth for one year to a team who is not desperate realistically?

How much is Manny worth for two months to a team who is desperate realistically?

For these reasons, I do not see Manny being traded.  The time to get the kind of value they are probably looking for has passed.  They will take the 6 WAR season and the 20 percent shot of a playoff birth with him on a roster over the possible trade return. 

Honestly not surprised this is emerging now. With the Orioles not scoring any of the 3 budget conscious starters which all made sense for them (Chatwood,Fiers,Mikolas), there's not a whole lot of targets out there that make sense unless the Orioles are ready to venture into the Lynn,Cobb market which would surprise pretty much everyone.

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I think that Manny would have drawn that at the past deadline and even more last offseason.  He will not return that for a one year rental when teams know we are getting more and more desperate, imho.  They might as well keep him now because I think the return will be much less than what it could have been. 

1 hour ago, Tryptamine said:

Honestly not surprised this is emerging now. With the Orioles not scoring any of the 3 budget conscious starters which all made sense for them (Chatwood,Fiers,Mikolas), there's not a whole lot of targets out there that make sense unless the Orioles are ready to venture into the Lynn,Cobb market which would surprise pretty much everyone.

Yeah, all the other options are either too pricey to add more than one or not very good.  Perhaps they get creative with trades, I don't know, I hope they'll come to their senses and sell short term assets but I'm not holding my breath. 

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

We are not trading him to the Red Sox unless it is more than a Bedard type return. 

The return @Roll Tide is suggesting is at least equal to the Bedard return if not more.  Jones was a top 30ish prospect who had already debuted, Devers is a top 20 prospect who has debuted.  Devers had a strong debut.  Groome and Tillman are comparable as 19yo top 100 pitching prospects.  The big difference is Bedard had 3 years of control, Manny has one.  That's why I don't think the Red Sox would even consider that, but what do I know.  The only thing I know for sure is if someone (no matter if it's the Yankees or the Red Sox) makes an offer like that, you'd be an absolute fool not to take it.  

Archived