Os requesting offers on Machado

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, foxfield said:

This is ridiculous.  I apologize, but it is.  Manny in your own words can change the competitive balance.  You may well be right, that DD and the Orioles won't make a deal.  But I cannot think of a single reason that a team that thinks Manny at SS or 3B at his salary, gives them a leg up on tilting that competitive balance for 2018, would not part with a truck load of talent to A0 Win a WS, and B) Have a year to lock up Manny on their own and C) Get a pick to go with their WS ring if he leaves.

And I believe those realizations, make someone get itchy and make an offer the O's cant refuse.

Read again... you totally missed my point.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

What relevance is that?

From what I understand Price didn't want to play for the Red Sox and they offered him enough money to change his mind.

Maybe not relevant, yes he did go but he has not seemed very happy and seems likely to be regretting it.  I do think that Manny would consider Boston if the $ was right.

13 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Read again... you totally missed my point.

Perhaps, but it seems to me your point was that A)  Teams would prefer that Manny toil away for a loser and B) DD should start a bidding war.  

IF I were a GM and thought I was a top contender and believed Manny might be the piece to put me over the top.... I would try to convince DD that my three stud top 100 prospects would guarantee to please the old man and my now ready 4th starter can all be yours if you say yes right now.  I just dont think DD could hang up on that...

5 hours ago, Justinlstn said:

This whole situation just frustrates me, the Orioles (Angelos) should of addressed Manny's future last winter or the very least at the trade deadline. Either do your best to sign him if that's the route they want and if he balks then they trade him for the best offer. We're going to end up with just a pick.

I am frustrated too. The ownership is a joke. 

12 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I hope you are wrong ..wasting a resource that you are not resigning is ridiculous and Angelos is stubborn but hopefully not stupid.

Oh I want Manny traded. Like you Angelos is stubborn. But I am afraid he will be too stubborn to do  what  is right. 

Archived