Os requesting offers on Machado

Roll Tide

How bad is your organization run, if you are talking about trading him NOW? For what I read, the O's are UNSURE if they want to trade him at all. Really? Dec of his final year and you still don't know? 

I am certain that this organization is run by the seat of the its pants and there are no "plans" in place. It's obvious.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, twinedenter said:

How bad is your organization run, if you are talking about trading him NOW? For what I read, the O's are UNSURE if they want to trade him at all. Really? Dec of his final year and you still don't know? 

I am certain that this organization is run by the seat of the its pants and there are no "plans" in place. It's obvious.

They had a plan it just backfired completely when Miley and Tillman and Jiminez bombed last year. And Trumbo and Davis reverted to career lows. 

13 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

They had a plan it just backfired completely when Miley and Tillman and Jiminez bombed last year. And Trumbo and Davis reverted to career lows. 

What does any of that have to do with a plan for resigning Manny? If they aren't posturing and they truly don't know if they do or don't have a shot of resigning him (at this point) it's embarrassing. You give yourself an internal ultimatum for locking him up and then look to trade him if it doesn't happen. 

Was looking at Twitter and the names being thrown by Yankees fans.....

they mentioned

Chance Adams,  Andujar, and McKinney that would be #2, #5, and #23

i think that is a pretty good offer but probably takes a little more.... maybe add Perez/Tate, or Widener.

1 hour ago, Lucky_13 said:

Cardinals are out on Stanton.  You know who's a solid back up plan...Manny Machado 

Make it happen

Great news sounds like their would ge lots of competition if the Orioles are truly listening....Cardinals, Phillies, Mets, Yankees, and perhaps Boston.

I think we could fleece somebody.

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Great news sounds like their would ge lots of competition if the Orioles are truly listening....Cardinals, Phillies, Mets, Yankees, and perhaps Boston.

They should ABSOLUTELY trade Manny once the Stanton domino falls.  My hopes are very low that they will do the right thing, however.

We are not going to sign Manny this offseason.  Our opportunities to sign him, with or without a hometown discount, have passed. 

Manny is likely looking at a 10/$350M contract give or take $30M and MM could justify that value if he keeps putting up 5-6 WAR or more.

IMO, the best way forward is to deal him and Britton for 3-4 top prospects, make 2018 a development year for Harvey, an intro to the majors for our OF prospects and the prospects received for MM and ZB, and make that 10/$350M offer to Manny next offseason.  

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Too bad Andy is in Philly. DD doesn't fleece anyone 

3 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

What does any of that have to do with a plan for resigning Manny? If they aren't posturing and they truly don't know if they do or don't have a shot of resigning him (at this point) it's embarrassing. You give yourself an internal ultimatum for locking him up and then look to trade him if it doesn't happen. 

The plan was to resign Manny to a team friendly deal or probably let him walk when the team was playing well. But neither is happening so a trade is probably best.

13 minutes ago, waroriole said:

1 hour ago, Tx Oriole said:

I am sorry but what on earth has that got to do with Manny? 

Obviously they dont want to trade Manny.  But now the team has regressed, hopefully Duquette knows he needs to get some assets for him . 

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Obviously they dont want to trade Manny.  But now the team has regressed, hopefully Duquette knows he needs to get some assets for him . 

I'm confident DD is open to trading him for a good return.  Buck probably hates the idea and I'm not sure if PA would sign off on it unless the return is established major leaguers (which is unlikely).

Just throwing this out there - I know a lot of people feel that we won't get much for Machado since he only has a year left before Free Agency. But, couldn't that actually be attractive to other teams?

For instance, take a team that is built to win in 2018: the Indians, the Nationals, the Dodgers, the Cubs, the Red Sox, the Yankees, the Astros. Wouldn't it be in their interest to trade for a superstar like Machado for a Championship run, without having to commit to the $300 million it'd take to sign him or a similar player in Free Agency? To me, if you're in it to win it - trading prospects for Manny Machado who is only going to cost you $17 million after arbitration sounds like a pretty smart move.

If I were a GM, I'd much rather trade for player on a short deal than have to sign someone like JD Martinez or Eric Hosmer for six years and $150 million.

I think one issue for the O's is that probably their best matches for a Machado deal are with the Yankees, Red Sox, and the Nationals - which might be difficult for fans to handle.

1 minute ago, phillyOs119 said:

I'm confident DD is open to trading him for a good return.  Buck probably hates the idea and I'm not sure if PA would sign off on it unless the return is established major leaguers (which is unlikely).

Who knows, who is in charge of the FO. Buck or Duquette? Either way, I think both are leaving next year, rumor is Buck wants to be a GM, so maybe he would be on board with a trade, seeing the disaster-in-waiting of a rotation.  

Archived