Adam Jones Speaking out on Twitter.

Grt 2BA FL Gator

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/17/2018 at 10:52 PM, Number5 said:

o

Wile E. Coyote. When the Roadrunner stops short.

roadrunner-625x350.jpg

o

29 minutes ago, foxfield said:

o

But in fairness ........ Wile E. always amazes me about how far he goes BEFORE the drop ........ sometimes it's quite far. ll  :) 

o

o

His hang-time reminds me of David Lee and Rohn Stark's punts.

o

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2017 at 12:47 PM, interloper said:

I applaud Adam's take. There's no plan in the organization right now, that's clear as day to anyone paying attention. The morale on this team is now devastated because:

1) No pitching, or any plan to acquire pitching. Posting fees were against policy. Free agency has not been explored. Trades possibilities have fallen apart.

2) The organization actively trying to trade its best player and failing. They also admitted that they haven't even TRIED to extend him in 2 years.

3) Buck and Dan have no contract after 2018. 

4) THERE'S NO PLAN

It feels like it did before buck came here and turned things around.  Now buck is here still and he seems like he doesn't know how to turn things around this time.  Who is going to be able to turn things around for us this time it's so frustrating and so sad

If Wile E. Coyote were a real animal he would fall inevitably, whether he looks down or he does not.

Since when was Bugs Bunny's relationship with Wile E. intended to be a spiritual or religious metaphor? A really unclear metaphor, at that...

7 hours ago, bobmc said:

I'll be an octogenarian and won't remember who he was other than some dude who blocked me on Twitter!  Sad.

Sad!??? Who are you kidding...you won't remember Twitter either....lol.. :) 

45 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

If Wile E. Coyote were a real animal he would fall inevitably, whether he looks down or he does not.

Since when was Bugs Bunny's relationship with Wile E. intended to be a spiritual or religious metaphor? A really unclear metaphor, at that...

Lighen up Francis! ;) 

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 2:36 AM, TradeAngelos said:

"Falling off a cliff" is an internet/stupid ESPN show hot take that really has little basis in reality. It is usually a slow gradual decline from the peak, there isn't some imaginary "cliff" where a player just loses every single skill he possesses all at once. Or loses so much in one skill ALL at once that is completely ruins his game "overnight". I'm sure it has happened before but that doesn't mean it is the rule, and is much more likely to happen with lesser players than a player of Jones caliber. He probably has 6 wins left in him at least over the next 4 years or so, but it obviously carries much more risk at his age.

I agree with you. There may be an exception to that rule, however...

Jason Heyward’s struggles since joining the Cubs have almost reached the point of historical oddity, as “this type of production drop during a player’s prime is nearly unprecedented, especially when injuries aren’t a factor,” The Athletic’s Sahadev Sharma writes (subscription required).  Heyward has just a .243/.315/.353 slash line over 1073 PA for Chicago, as opposed to the .268/.353/.431 he posted in 3429 PA with the Braves and Cardinals over his first six seasons. -- MLBTR

Archived