If Manny stays he should play 3B.

wildcard

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I will be happy to see Manny leave. I have now lost alot of respect for him. I will be rooting for Beckham. He is the one getting a raw deal. Did Beckham ever play 3b for the Rays?

Raw deal?  Beckham needs to embrace the Melvin Mora role. He wouldn’t do it in TB. 

Im all about doing anything we can to keep Manny happy. Even if it means a happy Manny has a huge year this year and bolts. Ride this year and see where we’re at come mid July. 

24 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Raw deal?  Beckham needs to embrace the Melvin Mora role. He wouldn’t do it in TB. 

Im all about doing anything we can to keep Manny happy. Even if it means a happy Manny has a huge year this year and bolts. Ride this year and see where we’re at come mid July. 

I'd agree with you if our team was constructed differently.  Do you see Beckham taking away ABs from Mancini, Schoop, Jones, and Machado?  

Now he could play some RF until Hays comes up, but we don't have a 3B to get regular playing time.

4 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Why are people having such a hard time understanding this

Beckham is not a ML SS. The O's have the best chance of winning with Manny at SS

Beckham will be a good super utility guy

Who is playing SS in 2019 and 2020?  Why did MLB network rank him number 10 SS?

16 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Beckham is not a ML SS. The O's have the best chance of winning with Manny at SS

I really doubt the O's would have traded for Beckham if they only planned to use him in a utility role. He was disgruntled in Tampa playing that role, btw. His bat plays at SS. Not so much anywhere else. Maybe he can settle in defensively at 3B. 

8 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

The Orioles have basically said they aren't negotiating with him. I would like a 2-3 year extension. but i doubt thats happening. 

That’s clearly not happening.   Manny’s next deal will be 8-10 years.  

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

So we have the best chance of winning with a new SS who may or may not be better defensively than JJ or Beckham (Manny has not played SS full-time in years and after two knee surgeries and significant weight addition) AND we now have no third baseman but we do have a good "super utility guy."     Oh and two starting pitchers (minor detail).   Sure, we have a great chance of winning.  

Archived