Season Plan Changes

schittenden

13 hours ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Living in DC, I've never bought a season plan before. Just went on the site to check out the options, and here's what I hate:

I want to give you $$ in advance to attend 13 games this season (this applies to the 29 game as well), and you won't let me choose which games I want to attend? Am I missing something here?

That is correct.  The guy who sits next to me (29 game package) makes judicious use of the "dollar for dollar" transfer to make those games work for him, as he works and lives in DC.  I have some work conflicts and other things, and I make use of it as well.  Most, if not all teams, have these packages for sale now and the games are preselected.  

I am on the fence with whether to renew my 29 game plan. Even though I go by section 18 on OH, a former seat location, I am actually section 27 not far from the press box in terrace box. With an inferior pitching staff currently  and no police security on the lot I park on (B/C lot) between OP and M & T I think I will give up my plan and just buy online whenever I feel like going and mostly weekends.  Has anybody else wondered why you never see police on the large lots between the parks?  In the past you could probably make it to the sixth or seventh inning if not the whole game on a week night.  With this staff we will probably be seeing a  lot of 6-1, 8 - 2 type games by the fifth inning and a lot of early departures.  Normally I stay to the end no matter how bad the game is. I have actually waited some nights until I see a group of fans go walking down to the nearby lots. These lots are run by outside companies and they  keep their costs down as much as possible. They need armed security or city police on the lots at night now.  I have walked down through the lot at night alone when I couldn't get anyone to go with me and I can tell you it's not a relaxed feeling if no one else is leaving. I am going to pass this on to my ticket rep soon.  Something needs to be done before something happens. It's very easy for criminals to hide between cars and wait for someone alone.  Some nights I see women walking together down through the lot and worry about them making it to their car okay.  This can be corrected and needs to be corrected ASAP.

3 hours ago, section18 said:

I am on the fence with whether to renew my 29 game plan. Even though I go by section 18 on OH, a former seat location, I am actually section 27 not far from the press box in terrace box. With an inferior pitching staff currently  and no police security on the lot I park on (B/C lot) between OP and M & T I think I will give up my plan and just buy online whenever I feel like going and mostly weekends.  Has anybody else wondered why you never see police on the large lots between the parks?  In the past you could probably make it to the sixth or seventh inning if not the whole game on a week night.  With this staff we will probably be seeing a  lot of 6-1, 8 - 2 type games by the fifth inning and a lot of early departures.  Normally I stay to the end no matter how bad the game is. I have actually waited some nights until I see a group of fans go walking down to the nearby lots. These lots are run by outside companies and they  keep their costs down as much as possible. They need armed security or city police on the lots at night now.  I have walked down through the lot at night alone when I couldn't get anyone to go with me and I can tell you it's not a relaxed feeling if no one else is leaving. I am going to pass this on to my ticket rep soon.  Something needs to be done before something happens. It's very easy for criminals to hide between cars and wait for someone alone.  Some nights I see women walking together down through the lot and worry about them making it to their car okay.  This can be corrected and needs to be corrected ASAP.

Sounds like a plan does not work for you. I am sure the Orioles would prefer you give it up rather than be unhappy.

On 1/9/2018 at 5:18 PM, schittenden said:

Unless I'm missing something, the Orioles don't seem to want me to renew my season plan.  .... they've changed the rules for buying tickets to extra games (which we typically did several times a year), to limit the ability of 13-game plan holders to buy tickets to only 5 extra games per year...

That's a major concern I had as well, upon reading the breakdown which the Orioles sent me.  I plan to ask for clarification at Fanfest.  Also unclear to me is whether if we were to exchanged existing tickets dollar for dollar, that the newly acquired tickets would be at the season rate, or if that is limited to the first five games which you exchange to.  If the latter, I'm likely out for committing my money to the 13-game plan cost.  Would be better in terms of both flexibility and financial outlay to not be a plan holder.

On 1/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, beantownrefugee said:

That's a major concern I had as well, upon reading the breakdown which the Orioles sent me.  I plan to ask for clarification at Fanfest.  Also unclear to me is whether if we were to exchanged existing tickets dollar for dollar, that the newly acquired tickets would be at the season rate, or if that is limited to the first five games which you exchange to.  If the latter, I'm likely out for committing my money to the 13-game plan cost.  Would be better in terms of both flexibility and financial outlay to not be a plan holder.

Thanks for pointing that out and please post what you discover. I too am reliant on exchanging a number of games each season, and if those count against my five (which is a pretty silly rule anyway), I won’t be thrilled. I’ll almost certainly renew my 13 anyway, but good to know the story going in.

10 hours ago, weams said:

Even spending the money on those pitchers is pretty much outside of the realm of possibility, at least with Cobb and Lynn.  If the team isn't serious about upgrading legitimately, then they need to sell.  Otherwise, not only will the fair weather bandwagoners be upset, but you will continue to piss off the diehard base and whittle them down even more than we are.  

Archived