Non-Roster Invites.

weams

10 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Do you think, if he pitches well, he will be fast track and end up at Norfolk by season end?

It depends on how much say Buck has and how well the team is doing.  If the team is doing well (read: in contention by the loosest of definitions), Buck will probably try to get him into the MLB bullpen. 

If the big league team is doing poorly, they'd probably be fine with a half season at each Frederick and Bowie unless Harvey is just ridiculously dominant.  He needs to be tested, what level will he get that test, I'm not sure. It depends on a lot of things, whether his stuff holds up under more innings, whether his changeup is average (he supposedly throws it every bullpen but not in games), and how advanced is his command of the ball.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

It depends on how much say Buck has and how well the team is doing.  If the team is doing well (read: in contention by the loosest of definitions), Buck will probably try to get him into the MLB bullpen. 

If the big league team is doing poorly, they'd probably be fine with a half season at each Frederick and Bowie unless Harvey is just ridiculously dominant.  He needs to be tested, what level will he get that test, I'm not sure. It depends on a lot of things, whether his stuff holds up under more innings, whether his changeup is average (he supposedly throws it every bullpen but not in games), and how advanced is his command of the ball.

He still is a high school drafted pitcher, and doesn't he need some MIL under his belt?

Heck, I was just hoping for a 2019 invite to ST and given a shot to make their pen.

21 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

He still is a high school drafted pitcher, and doesn't he need some MIL under his belt?

Heck, I was just hoping for a 2019 invite to ST and given a shot to make their pen.

I agree he needs time to develop. I hate the idea of having him in the Majors in 2018 no matter how well he pitches.  I'm just going off of what Buck has said and the MASN guys who report that it may be hard to send Harvey down to the minors at all this year.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I agree he need time to develop. I hate the idea of having him in the Majors in 2018 no matter how well he pitches.  I'm just going off of what Buck has said and the MASN guys who report that it may be hard to send Harvey down to the minors at all this year.

I know the doom and gloomers are worried about 2019 rotation.

If, Bundy and Gausman can head up the front end, and Castro and Cortes can hold down the middle and throw Harvey as your 5th guy.

That just might have something there.

I know, I am dreaming, and going to get flamed.

15 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I know the doom and gloomers are worried about 2019 rotation.

If, Bundy and Gausman can head up the front end, and Castro and Cortes can hold down the middle and throw Harvey as your 5th guy.

That just might have something there.

I know, I am dreaming, and going to get flamed.

We definitely could be better off in a year or two.    But we’re worried about NOW.    If the team isn’t going into rebuild mode this offseason, they have to address the pitching.   Plain and simple.   

It’s such an odd offseason.    I’m very worried about the fact that we haven’t signed any starters, and yet, hardly any other team has done anything significant either.    Mostly, I’m just bored still waiting for the logjam to break.    

4 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Harvey is not starting in AAA-Norfolk. He is likely to start in Advanced-A Frederick.

3 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Do you think that if he pitches well, he will be fast track and end up at AAA-Norfolk by season end ???

o

Roy Firestone stated that  he was told by an Orioles insider that there is an outside chance that Harvey could start the season at AA-Bowie and be brought up to the Orioles in June IF he pitches very well there:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25212-updates-on-hunter-harvey/&page=18

That's a very big "IF" ........ Harvey finished last season smoking hot, but it was a very small sample size AND it was at the levels of Advanced-Rookie League

Aberdeen and Regular-A Delmarvawhich are 3 levels and 2 levels below AA-Bowie, respectively.

o

28 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Roy Firestone stated that  he was told by an Orioles insider that there is an outside chance that Harvey could start the season at AA-Bowie and be brought up to the Orioles in June IF he pitches very well there:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25212-updates-on-hunter-harvey/&page=18

That's a very big "IF" ........ Harvey finished last season smoking hot, but it was a very small sample size AND it was at the levels of Advanced-Rookie League

Aberdeen and Regular-A Delmarvawhich are 3 levels and 2 levels below AA-Bowie, respectively.

o

Thanks for the info, I believe it, the fact that MASN guys are floating being extremely aggressive with Harvey makes me think it's coming from somewhere.

I think it's foolish at best, no matter how well he's pitching.  

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

Thanks for the info, I believe it, the fact that MASN guys are floating being extremely aggressive with Harvey makes me think it's coming from somewhere.

I think it's foolish at best, no matter how well he's pitching.  

So do I.    But I’ll worry about it when it happens.    

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, weams said:
Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard)
#Orioles announce 19 non-roster invites to big league spring training, including prospects Mountcastle, Mullins and Stewart. pic.twitter.com/uNLqcUOmAO

Trying to understand something, they are all under contract to the team, they are just not on the 40 man roster right?

Archived