Imagine Peter Angelos doing this

Frobby

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Twins owner Jim Pohlad showed up at Twinsfest last weekend and, speaking at a fan forum, openly stated he’d love to sign Yu Darvish. 

What do you think the odds are of Peter Angelos showing up at Fanfest and answering fan questions?

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/20/twins-owner-jim-pohlad-is-a-yu-darvish-fan-hes-a-cool-guy/

Based on who is under contract for 2019....I’d say the odds for his appearance in about 12 months are getting better all the time.  You know when the defacto shield of a real manager and GM are gone. 

Seriously, does anyone know of a human interaction involving PA in the past 5 years.

Any lawyers out there that actually interact with PA?

Is it possible that he is mentally incompetent, and if so who is running the team. No one running the team is certainly what it feels like

Just now, webbrick2010 said:

Seriously, does anyone know of a human interaction involving PA in the past 5 years.

Any lawyers out there that actually interact with PA?

Is it possible that he is mentally incompetent, and if so who is running the team. No one running the team is certainly what it feels like

Seriously?

Come on now.

I'm all for being critical but questioning a man's mental competency when you don't have a hint of a shred of evidence?

3 hours ago, weams said:

I saw him in Florida in 2011.

Dad got a phone call from him when he worked in Frederick. They had a ton of rain outs earlier in the year, and the brain trust at the Carolina league decided to schedule most of those rain outs into one giant  home stand. 3 weeks of continuous baseball got tiring for everyone involved at Harry Grove Stadium. The groundskeeper begged dad for a day off, but they couldn't. So the groundskeeper took a hint from Bull Durham and kept the sprinklers on all night until the field flooded. Dad came in and was rightfully furious, and had the grounds crew work all day to get the field to playing condition. PA called dad from the law firm and told him that whoever the top prospect was in Frederick (he can't remember what year it was) was not allowed to play due to risk of injury if the field was still in poor condition. 

49 minutes ago, andrewochs615 said:

I don't think I know what Peter Angelos sounds like, I don't think I have ever hear him actually speak. 

He spoke at a post-game ceremony following Cal’s 2131st consecutive game.   It was long-winded and boring.    

I think he said a few words on TV in the Orioles’ locker room after they made the playoffs in 2012.    Maybe after they lost to the Yankees?

5 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:
14 hours ago, Number5 said:

Nah, it was at a Ravens game with Mark Teixeira!

I don't remember that. 

It was one of the "Elvis sighting" rumors that were flying around while the Teixeira negotiations were going on.  Another had Tex at Friendly's eating ice cream.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

He spoke at a post-game ceremony following Cal’s 2131st consecutive game.   It was long-winded and boring.    

I think he said a few words on TV in the Orioles’ locker room after they made the playoffs in 2012.    Maybe after they lost to the Yankees?

He met a few of the players (for the first time) that evening. They appreciated the opportunity. 

Archived