Imagine Peter Angelos doing this

Frobby

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He made an appearance in public after we won the AL East in 2014 I think.

Also there was at least one other time I heard him drop by as a surprise in the broadcast booth with Joe Angel.....this was pretty recent (within past 5 years).

27 minutes ago, Aglets said:

He made an appearance in public after we won the AL East in 2014 I think.

Also, there was at least one other time I heard him drop by as a surprise in the broadcast booth with Joe Angel ..... this was pretty recent (within past 5 years.)

o

Speaking of rare appearances in the public of Orioles-Land, Reggie Jackson was in the Orioles broadcast booth during a game in 2013. 

I remember it because I was thrilled about it, and commented accordingly in the game thread that night.

Reggie talked about the 1976 season in which he played for the Orioles, including his franchise-record of hitting a home run in 6 consecutive games while he was in the booth with Jim Palmer and Gary Thorne (a record that Chris Davis tied the previous season.)

o

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Speaking of rare appearances in the public of Orioles-Land, Reggie Jackson was in the Orioles broadcast booth during a game in 2013. 

I remember it because I was thrilled about it, and commented accordingly in the game thread that night.

Reggie talked about the 1976 season in which he played for the Orioles, including his franchise-record of hitting a home run in 6 consecutive games while he was in the booth with Jim Palmer and Gary Thorne (a record that Chris Davis tied the previous season.)

o

I am sure this is water long since under the bridge, but it was interesting what Jim was quoted at the time as saying about Reggie's holdout to start the 1976 season.

"Is the Messiah coming back, or what?" Palmer facetiously asked a journalist on April 14, following a New York Times report that Jackson was demanding a five-year contract worth $3 million. "The fact that Reggie is not here has hurt the attitude of the club and it has hurt our performance on the field," raged the 1975 AL Cy Young winner. "Do you think it ever occurred to Jackson that there are 24 other guys over here counting on him?"

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

45 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I am sure this is water long since under the bridge, but it was interesting what Jim was quoted at the time as saying about Reggie's holdout to start the 1976 season.

"Is the Messiah coming back, or what?" Palmer facetiously asked a journalist on April 14, following a New York Times report that Jackson was demanding a five-year contract worth $3 million. "The fact that Reggie is not here has hurt the attitude of the club and it has hurt our performance on the field," raged the 1975 AL Cy Young winner. "Do you think it ever occurred to Jackson that there are 24 other guys over here counting on him?"

o

Yes, it was probably water under the bridge, considering that Palmer agreed to have Jackson in the booth with him that evening.

o

4 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

Pretty hard to hit a HR in the broadcast booth let alone 6 straight.:D

Archived