Cable Decisions

Orioles1954

2 hours ago, theocean said:

MLB.tv is rad. I highly recommend it. $25 for MLB.tv and $10 for a VPN. Save your money and go to a few extra games.

You don't even need to pay for a VPN. Opera has it built in to the browser. Most websites I go on seem to think I am in the Netherlands.

As some others have said, I just get the MASN channels in my cable package, but if I was paying for another service I would not cancel it. Ultimately, I am still looking forward to the beginning of this baseball season. I look forward to doing jokes and commiserating in the game threads. Obviously, it is way more fun when the Orioles are a top team and you really feel like there is a chance, but I just enjoy the games and while there will be nights where I look back on this post and want to tell myself to "oh just shut up" I look forward to the Orioles, speculating on moves, player potential, etc. 

I would probably recommend MLB.TV, if you are a big baseball fan though. That way, if you want to watch the Orioles you can or  maybe there are other teams you root for as secondaries or interesting match ups you would like to watch, it is available to you. Whether you pursue this in proper methods or pseudo legal, kind of violating terms of service circumstances is your own prerogative. 

20 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

https://www.groundedreason.com/how-to-watch-mlb-games-without-cable/

Not sure if Opera is something I can watch on my tv, I refuse to watch a game or a movie on a computer screen when I have a 70 inch tv.  

I'll be going the VPN route this spring, I believe.  MLB.tv and their terms of service can go piss up a rope.  

Opera is just a web browser, like Chrome or Firefox.

In this day and age, you can hook your computer to the TV, or even connect your phone to the TV through WiFi.

Archived