Schoop absence from Fanfest

Going Underground

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They wouldn't have had much of a case in an arbitration trial. He's already historically good in terms of Orioles second baseman, offensively. I doubt the O's wanted to go to $8.5, but they stood to be on the hook for $9, with a potential black mark on the O's arb record to boot.

Hooray for decisions being made.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

They wouldn't have had much of a case in an arbitration trial. He's already historically good in terms of Orioles second baseman, offensively. I doubt the O's wanted to go to $8.5, but they stood to be on the hook for $9, with a potential black mark on the O's arb record to boot.

Hooray for decisions being made.

Historically good?

Schoop 

2017 5.1 rWAR

Alomar

1996 5.6 rWAR

Grich:

1972 6.0 rWAR

1973 8.3 rWAR

1974 7.3 rWAR

1975 7.3 rWAR

1976 6.1 rWAR

Roberts

2005 7.2 rWAR

2008 5.2 rWAR

Yea, I guess if you consider the ninth best season by an Orioles' second baseman (that I could remember) as being historic.

I would once again like to say why the heck isn't Grich in the HoF?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Historically good?

Schoop 

2017 5.1 rWAR

Alomar

1996 5.6 rWAR

Grich:

1972 6.0 rWAR

1973 8.3 rWAR

1974 7.3 rWAR

1975 7.3 rWAR

1976 6.1 rWAR

Roberts

2005 7.2 rWAR

2008 5.2 rWAR

Yea, I guess if you consider the ninth best season by an Orioles' second baseman (that I could remember) as being historic.

Most home runs by a second baseman is historic. Roberts in '05 was amazing. One of the most fun players I've ever watched in that one season. 

Schoop has a chance to obliterate Alomar's records, and already has on one of them. Grich, I guess you got me there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Most home runs by a second baseman is historic. Roberts in '05 was amazing. One of the most fun players I've ever watched in that one season. 

Schoop has a chance to obliterate Alomar's records, and already has on one of them. Grich, I guess you got me there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Schoop is a nice player.  He had a very good year last year.

But right now that is it.  You are acting as if he is a proven star.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Schoop is a nice player.  He had a very good year last year.

But right now that is it.  You are acting as if he is a proven star.

I'm acting like he's well worth $8.5 million, and is the Orioles best position player other than Manny, and would have won in court IMO. That's all. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Right, hence language like historic.  9_9

You aren't the least bit over the top.

He holds the Oriole record for home runs by a second baseman. That's not historic? That's all I meant. He's set one Orioles record and he's on his way to a few more. 

Just now, interloper said:

He holds the Oriole record for home runs by a second baseman. That's not historic? That's all I meant. He's set one Orioles record and he's on his way to a few more. 

Historically, it was one of the best offensive seasons by an Orioles second baseman in the last 40 years. 

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

Is the record for most HBP by an Oriole second baseman historic?

Yea, counting stats don't really do it for me. 

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Historically good?

Schoop 

2017 5.1 rWAR

Alomar

1996 5.6 rWAR

Grich:

1972 6.0 rWAR

1973 8.3 rWAR

1974 7.3 rWAR

1975 7.3 rWAR

1976 6.1 rWAR

Roberts

2005 7.2 rWAR

2008 5.2 rWAR

Corn,

We dont always see eye to eye on things.

But, I am 100% on board with you, Grinch not being in the HOF is a disgrace

Using sabermetric statistics there is a compelling case for Grich to be in the Hall of Fame. As of 2017, Grich has the highest Jaffe Wins Above Replacement Score (JAWS) of any eligible position player not in the Hall of Fame.[1] He also has the highest career WAR of any second baseman not in the Hall of Fame, and there are more than 10 Hall of Fame second basemen with a lower JAWS. The JAWS statistic is particularly compelling given that it incorporates both career and peak year statistics.[2]

46 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Historically good?

Schoop 

2017 5.1 rWAR

Alomar

1996 5.6 rWAR

Grich:

1972 6.0 rWAR

1973 8.3 rWAR

1974 7.3 rWAR

1975 7.3 rWAR

1976 6.1 rWAR

Roberts

2005 7.2 rWAR

2008 5.2 rWAR

Some posters think that advanced metrics are used to determine hearing outcome. 

Archived