Ryan Flaherty Appreciation Thread

Dark Helmet

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Nice comments from Ryan.   Interesting that he mentioned Brady alongside Dan and Buck.   

Makes sense to give credit to the GM, manager, and GM to-be.

Brady helps like half of our team train too right?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent major league utility man but a better guy who was really a pleasure to watch.  I'll never forget the competitiveness when he went up against Chapman absolutely refusing to be intimidated.  He's an Oriole - always will be in my book. 

I was there when Oliver Drake was puppy dogging Dan Duquette at the minor league spring camp He asked him what he might do to make the MLB team. Dan told him to ask Ryan Flaherty the name of the trainer that he had employed over the offseason and hire him. And work as hard as him.  

23 hours ago, Moshagge3 said:

The double play he started in the Delmon Young game was as key as the Young double itself. He also homered in the 2012 playoffs in Yankee Stadium, which is more than most of our bats did that series. Good luck, Ryan.

Don’t forget the Chapman AB.  Very underrated. I think we’re going to miss Flaherty. It’s funny to joke about him, but he was a LH IF bar that could play a good 3rd and 2nd base. 

I just hope now that we go with a UTIL guy with speed. R. Tejada is not very good. 

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

He'll be back once the Phillies let him go.

I can see Flaherty as a manager some day.    I thank him for his contributions.   His terrible slumps at times made me want to pull every hair on my  head out, but hey, that's water under the bridge.   Useful defensive piece if he doesn't have to play regularly like a super utility type would, because his bat is too awful to play as much as he had to sometimes.     I appreciate that he is going to play for somebody else this year.  

Archived