I love the Orioles no matter what

Diehard_O's_Fan

Even though I am not happy about how this off season has gone, I will still root for the Orioles like I always do. I am an Orioles fan no matter what happens. In my opinion, being an Yankees or Redsox fan is simply to easy. When the Orioles win, they truly have to earn it. The Orioles play in the toughest division in baseball and don't have as much financial resources as the Redsox and Yankees. The Orioles young players are the key to the Orioles success. I won't be sad if Dan leaves after the season. However, I will miss the Orioles farm director and his scouts. They have all done a great job building up the Orioles farm system. Thoughts?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Even though I am not happy about how this off season has gone, I will still root for the Orioles like I always do. I am an Orioles fan no matter what happens. In my opinion, being an Yankees or Redsox fan is simply to easy. When the Orioles win, they truly have to earn it. The Orioles play in the toughest division in baseball and don't have as much financial resources as the Redsox and Yankees. The Orioles young players are the key to the Orioles success. I won't be sad if Dan leaves after the season. However, I will miss the Orioles farm director and his scouts. They have all done a great job building up the Orioles farm system. Thoughts?

It’s not a given that the scouting director and troops would leave.    

I’ll love the Orioles no matter what, but my guess is I’ll watch quite a bit less if they fall way behind early in the season.   

I actually take it as a positive we let Flaherty move on and have signed not a starting caliber OF.  We can find a better hitting UTL than Flaherty for same or less and I'd give RF to Hays.  Starting pitching could still work out, Cobb/Lynn, Tillman, and Hutchinson/Griffin.  If we do that along with Cortes/Blier possibility and bounce back from Davis and Trumbo, we could contend for a WC.

I think everyone here is going to watch our guys no matter what. Basically every year we are supposed to be the worst team in the division, yet we somehow manage be competitive for the majority of seasons since 2012. This season doesn't look bright thus far but I'm still going to be tuned in to every game(attending as well) hoping the good guys get the W.

45 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s not a given that the scouting director and troops would leave.    

I’ll love the Orioles no matter what, but my guess is I’ll watch quite a bit less if they fall way behind early in the season.   

After Davy was let go, I kept following the teams, but stayed away from the ballpark. Of course, Peter could give a crap less.

I must admit to watching out entertainment more, and just peaking in on some of the games, and keeping an eye on the daily box scores.

11 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

I think everyone here is going to watch our guys no matter what. Basically every year we are supposed to be the worst team in the division, yet we somehow manage be competitive for the majority of seasons since 2012. This season doesn't look bright thus far but I'm still going to be tuned in to every game(attending as well) hoping the good guys get the W.

In 2013-16 I knew we had a better team than the pundits were saying.   This year, I don’t.    There’s still time to improve the outlook, though.  

47 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

But this is the best part of baseball. This is why we love it. We have a shot from the beginning. I'll admit it's a smaller shot than past years, but this is why we still get so excited about baseball. Walking through the tunnel to see the breathtakingly beautiful Camden Yards and singing along to Thank God I'm a Country Boy in the seventh. This is what makes us Orioles fans. Not the fact that we have a small payroll relative to the others in our division. That doesn't define us. We start 0-0 just like them and I'm going to be optimistic because that's all we can be at this point. I like our guys. And I'm hoping for the best.

2 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I will be an Orioles fan always. But I am pissed at the FO.

I'm still a season ticket holder. Begrudgingly, but I still am. Have been since 2007 (or was it 2008?). I love Baltimore and I love the Orioles even though I'm very critical of Duquette and (at times) Angelos. I do love me some Buck. I think back to how much of a disaster Dave Trembley et al were....and we are better than those teams. Well, maybe not this year. lol

Archived