Are you happy spring training is starting?

Frobby

Normally, this would be a silly question.   For me, the day that pitchers and catchers report is normally a red letter day.

But this year, with all the uncertainty, are you glad that spring training is getting underway?   Or are you dreading what’s to come?

For me, I’m still glad it’s here.    I’d rather read about what’s going on with Nestor Cortes and Jose Mesa Jr. and how well the ball is coming out of someone’s hand, than read another rehash of the lack of movement in the FA market.   I certainly hope the O’s sign some guys, and soon, but I’m glad to have something else to read about.   

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Normally, this would be a silly question.   For me, the day that pitchers and catchers report is normally a red letter day.

But this year, with all the uncertainty, are you glad that spring training is getting underway?   Or are you dreading what’s to come?

For me, I’m still glad it’s here.    I’d rather read about what’s going on with Nestor Cortes and Jose Mesa Jr. and how well the ball is coming out of someone’s hand, than read another rehash of the lack of movement in the FA market.   I certainly hope the O’s sign some guys, and soon, but I’m glad to have something else to read about.   

Baseball is better than no baseball.

I also have to admit a part of me wants to continue following this slow moving trainwreck to the point of impact.

I live about 40 minutes from the Orioles sprint training site and manage to make it to a number of games every spring, but I have to admit, my interest level is lower than any year since their move to Sarasota. And I'm dreading the thought of a Boston- New York pennant fight. If that turns out to be the case, I will tune out early in the season.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I don't think I've ever been less excited for pitchers & catchers to report.  Can they all fit in 1 minivan????  I'm 50+ years old & have been testing out my knuckleball in case they need an old tired arm who is willing to pitch for the MLB minimum this year........   I just haven't been able to gear up my enthusiasm yet.

Archived