Your level of apathy level for the 2018 season

Moose Milligan

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Never resigned.    I’ve seen too many unexpected things happen to ever assume that things will go exactly as I expected.    I was not expecting a playoff run in 2012.    Didn’t see it coming at all.    So I’m not giving up on 2018 before they play the games.   

After 14 years of ineptness, most of us didnt see it coming in 2012.

We never predicted a collapse of the Red Sox and Yankees in the same season before.

You are right, baseball never goes as we expected it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can get behind a total rebuild, there is something to rooting for the young guys to succeed, seeing who emerges and getting surprised when a guy you didn't think would make it does.

I get behind competing, going all in, and getting talked about as a serious contender.

What we have now though.  I won't be going to any games, it's not worth travelling.  I'm more excited for the Yard Goats season.

This is the first year since we owned out own place that my wife (pirates fan) and I are considering not getting the MLB package so we can watch games on cable.

I'm at a solid 8.  I feel like I'm going to be watching out of obligation more than anything and specific players.  Probably watching for Jones and Machado's last season in Baltimore, maybe Hays can be good.  See if Cisco can hang in the bigs.

I don't want to watch any of our pitching.  Like, flip the channel, find something else to watch.

I am not particularly worried about the apathy of fans. That can change in a heartbeat. It is the apathy of the players. Do they come into ST with the attitude that there is little chance?  When things start going south, will they just go through the motions. When things start going south, will BS continue to play the players that are going through the motions or try something new. Are there team leaders out there or just veteran millionaires that can't wait for their next contract. It is a long, tedious season for all the players (and the fans). I can handle losing, I can't handle complacency.

30 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm at a solid 8.  I feel like I'm going to be watching out of obligation more than anything and specific players.  Probably watching for Jones and Machado's last season in Baltimore, maybe Hays can be good.  See if Cisco can hang in the bigs.

I don't want to watch any of our pitching.  Like, flip the channel, find something else to watch.

Good point.  Watching Jones' last season here may be worth watching.

6 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

I am not particularly worried about the apathy of fans. That can change in a heartbeat. It is the apathy of the players. Do they come into ST with the attitude that there is little chance?  When things start going south, will they just go through the motions. When things start going south, will BS continue to play the players that are going through the motions or try something new. Are there team leaders out there or just veteran millionaires that can't wait for their next contract. It is a long, tedious season for all the players (and the fans). I can handle losing, I can't handle complacency.

The majority of the team are playing for contracts so it would be very shortsighted of them to mail it in.

I'm actually morbidly curious about how this is all going to shake out. Something has to come to a head here with a few things: the pitching staff, Manny, Dan/Buck. There are some interesting players to watch, but I'm much more interested in what is going on in the Warehouse and what exactly the end-game is here. 

Weird times.

10 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

Super excited for baseball. Not very excited for this Orioles team. I have very low expectations for this club.

I re-upped my season tickets because I'm a glutton for punishment and I can't quite quit this team...but I wasn't enthusiastic when I re-upped. It took me a few weeks before I even did it. 

It's cool that you have those. Parents had those before i came around in section 58. Where are your tickets?

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm actually morbidly curious about how this is all going to shake out. Something has to come to a head here with a few things: the pitching staff, Manny, Dan/Buck. There are some interesting players to watch, but I'm much more interested in what is going on in the Warehouse and what exactly the end-game is here. 

Weird times.

c5eae2e7-c3dc-47bb-9b55-6873d25988d0-img

Archived